Transfer Center releases Feb. calendar & welcomes new coordinator
The new Coordinator of the College's Transfer Center is Dr. Myshamil Walker, a Cincinnati State graduate who has served the College in a variety of roles over the past several years.
Dr. Walker has taught Academic Foundations Math classes for the past seven years. Previously, she served as the Tutor for PTEC Welding, Machine Operator, and Supply Chain students, and as COMPASS Bootcamp Coordinator.
After completing her Associate of Arts degree at Cincinnati State, Dr. Walker earned a Bachelor's degree in Social Work from Union Institute and University, a Masters of Education degree in Curriculum and Instruction in Mathematics Education from the University of Phoenix, and a Doctorate in Educational Leadership & Management from Capella University.
She is a member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, the Cincinnati Chapter of Business and Professional Women, and Test Prep and Tutoring Professionals, as well as an alumni AmeriCorps member.
Dr. Walker has been recognized by several organizations for her contributions and skills as an educator.
The Transfer Center schedule for February visits from representatives of four-year colleges and universities is now available.
Students who are thinking about transfer to a bachelor's degree program after graduating from CState are encouraged to meet with visiting schools and get more information about educational options-- and say hello to Dr. Walker while you are visiting the Transfer Center!
No appointment is required; just stop by the Transfer Center in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill. The Transfer Center is open daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
To view the Transfer Center visitor schedule for February, click the link below.
Updated Operations Manual is posted on intranet
An updated edition of the College Operations Manual (revision date Feb. 1, 2019) is posted on the College intranet.
You can download the revised manual from two intranet locations:
- Human Resources > Operations Manual
- Manuals and Documents > Policies & Procedures > Operations Manual
The following sections of the Operations Manual have changes:
- 2.5 Grievance Procedures for Title VI and Title IX, and Section 504 - Clarification of grievance process.
- 3.2 Conflict of Interest - Clarification of Textbook Adoption Policy per Board of Trustees Resolution 18.111.
- 4.1 Employment Definitions
- Additional clarifying language regarding full-time employees taking on additional part-time positions.
- Additional language consistent with offer letters to part-time employees about not exceeding 29 hours/week cumulative of all part-time positions.
- Additional language consistent with job postings related to minimum eligibility requirements for student workers.
- 4.2 Guidelines for Adjunct Instructors - Additional language consistent with offer letters to adjuncts about not exceeding 29 hours/week cumulative of all part-time positions.
- 4.3 Hours of Work, Compensatory Time, Overtime - Added clarifying language to indicate that 15-minute break is paid.
- 4.5 Probationary Employment - Added clarifying language that if probationary employee is “not meeting expectations” that the supervisor will put such assessment in writing to the employee.
- 4.8 Additional Compensation - Revised language regarding additional compensation for additional responsibilities to “up to 10 percent” versus “5-10 percent”.
- 4.9 Non-Bargaining Employee Benefits - Corrected typo related to value of life insurance to read “with a $50,000 minimum” versus “$25,000”.
- 5.0 College Calendar & Paid Time Off - Added clarifying language (in italics) : The Board of Trustees approves and/or revises the College Calendar, determining closure dates, dates for employee convocation and/or professional development, dates for class recess, and holiday observances.
- 5.1 Paid Leave
- Earned Vacation at Termination of Employment: added clarification that paid out only if voluntarily terminated, consistent with Policy 7.3 defining “in good standing” (i.e.: with 2 weeks’ notice).
- Absence Notification: clarified 5 working days versus “one week”.
- 5.3 Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Paid Versus Unpaid Leave: Added clarifying language consistent with federal FMLA Rights & Responsibilities regarding use of accumulated leave during approved FMLA leave.
- Certification of Need for Leave and Return to Work: clarified 5 working days versus “one week”.
- 6.1 Educational Benefits
- Inserted “(per I.R.S. definition)” when referencing eligible dependents for tuition waivers.
- Clarified tuition reimbursement is at 75% of the tuition charged or 75% of current published University of Cincinnati in-state rates, whichever is lowest.
- 7.2 Disciplinary Policy - Added “no call/no show” to Attendance Examples.
- 10.0 Advertising & Marketing Policy (NEW) - New Policy as of 2/1/2019.
Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
Starfish Early Alert Progress Surveys for the fourth week of full-semester (15-week) courses are available to faculty starting today, Feb. 4.
Your survey responses help monitor and assist the academic progress of students in specified classes and student support programs.
Faculty members receive an email message to let you know if you need to complete Progress Surveys for your students.
The online Progress Surveys are available in the Starfish tab of Blackboard, and need to be completed by Wednesday, Feb. 13.
If you have questions about using Starfish, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try the February special at Bakery Hill
Bakery Hill has announced the February special beverage: a Cherry Cordial Latte for $3.50.
According to Chef Michael VanFleet, the "cherry meets chocolate signature latte" is a treat not-to-be-missed-- so stop by Bakery Hill soon!
(Note: your Cherry Cordial Latte may not appear identical to the photo above... but will be just as flavorful as you are imagining at this moment.)
- Faculty member Christian Appleby wins national video award
- Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
- Need to reserve a room? Use these e-forms
- New Bakery Hill special: Hot Breakfast choices
- Black History Month offers activities & displays
- Printer connections are changing (and you need to reconnect)
- College Closed Feb. 17 for Presidents' Day
- "Voices of CState" speaker series begins Feb. 19
- Happy Valentine's Day...
- Academic Calendar for 2020-21 is approved
- Fri. 2/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Amy Wagner
- Fri. 2/21 - College Info Session
- Sat. 2/22 - Ohio Kings basketball
- Mon. 2/24 - Common Time: Service Anniversary Awards
- Tue. 2/25 - College Info Session
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Wed. 2/26 - Job Search Workshop
- Thu. 2/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 2/28 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Vasko
- Fri. 2/28 - College Info Session