Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 22
The Cincinnati State Technical and Community College Board of Trustees will meet in regular session on Tuesday, Jan. 22, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
The meeting is open to the public.
The agenda for the meeting is:
Call To Order
Sunshine Law Compliance Announcement
- Approval of the Proceedings of the Regular Board Meeting of November 27, 2018
- Consideration of Items for Possible Addition to Agenda
- Recognition of Accomplishments Reflective of the College Mission
- Consent Agenda for Recurring Items
- Personnel Reports
- Facilities & Capital Projects Reports
- Public Safety Monthly Incident Reports
Status of the College Community
- Student Engagement & Education / Student Activities Report
- Shared Governance / Faculty Senate Report
- President’s Report
- FY18 Auditor Required Communication
- Finance Report
- Resolution for Purchasing Card-Authorized Administrators
- Contract Approvals
- Resolution on Student Employee Pay Rates
- Academic Quality & Student Learning Updates ~ Student Feedback Analysis & Annual Report
- Annual Review of Mission/Vision/Values
Adjourn to Executive Session / Return to Public Session
- Real Estate Transaction
- AAUP Unit 2 Collective Bargaining Agreement
- FOP Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Chairperson’s Report & Trustee Association Report
The next meeting of the Board of Trustees is scheduled for Feb. 26, 2019, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
Parent-Student Night is Jan. 24
Cincinnati State's annual Parent-Student Night program takes place Thursday, Jan. 24, from 6 to 8 p.m.
Parent-Student Night provides an opportunity for prospective students to learn more about the College's academic programs and services that lead to career success.
A Resource Fair is available from 5 to 6 p.m.
During Parent-Student Night, visitors can:
- Meet with faculty members to talk about majors and programs
- Learn about financial aid, scholarships, and the admissions process
- Discuss career opportunities and Cincinnati State's co-op program
- Learn about student support services, including Advising, the Honors Program, Disability Services, Student Activities, and more
Click here to see the event schedule and registration information.
KPI Listening Session (& Happy Hour) on Jan. 18
All faculty members are invited to attend a Listening Session on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) on Friday, Jan. 18, from 3 to 4 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
The Listening Session with Provost Robbin Hoopes and Director of Institutional Research Cody Loew includes reviewing the results of the faculty survey on long-term goals for the College's Key Performance Indicators for Student Success.
Surveys must be submitted by close-of-business on Jan. 16. For more information and a link to the survey, see the Daily News article published Jan. 14.
After the Listening Session, faculty are welcome to attend a Happy Hour at the Summit Restaurant. A cash bar and complimentary light refreshments will be available.
College closed Jan. 21 for MLK Day
All Cincinnati State campuses are closed Monday, Jan. 21, in recognition of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Classes resume Tuesday, Jan. 22.
Next Daily News is next week
Daily News will not be published this Friday, Jan. 18, because of staff schedule limitations.
Daily News will be published on Wednesday, Jan. 23, and Friday, Jan. 25.
If you have information to share regarding College activities, please send it to the Daily News Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a timely manner.
The staff appreciates your assistance.
- "1 Night, 12 Kitchens" tickets still available
- Want to teach FYE classes in 2019-20?
- Rich Hendrix to join Greater Cinti Basketball Hall of Fame
- CState ASCE Student Chapter is recognized for its activities (like Canstruction Cincinnati)
- Greeters & Room Monitors needed for HLC visit
- One more week & many more raffles for ArtsWave campaign
- HLC Visit on Apr. 22-23 includes 5 Open Forums for College community
- Pottery wheels and a kiln available to the highest bidders
- Concrete truck on College Drive on Apr. 19
- Environmental Earth Jam & Sustainability Workshop on Apr. 18
- Mon. 4/22 - Academic Technology Committee meeting
- Mon. 4/22 - HLC Open Forum: Criteria 1 & 2
- Mon. 4/22 - HLC Open Forum: Criteria 3 & 4
- Mon. 4/22 - HLC Open Forum: Criterion 5 & Future
- Mon. 4/22 - HLC Open Forum: Drop-in Session
- Tue. 4/23 - HLC Open Forum: Drop-in Session
- Tue. 4/23 - HLC Open Forum for Students
- Tue. 4/23 - College Info Session
- Tue. 4/23 - APCC meeting
- Tue. 4/23 - Board of Trustees Meeting (public meeting begins at 4:30 p.m.)