Surge Cupboard Food Pantry seeks helpers
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry still is seeking a few more volunteers for Spring Semester. Two options are available:
- Help in the Food Pantry (Main 137, Clifton Campus) during standard open times each week, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-spring.
- Help with the monthly Farmer's Market held on Clifton Campus.
- Spring Farmer's Markets are scheduled for three Thursdays-- Feb. 7, Mar. 7, and Apr. 18, from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (or until all available produce has been given away).
- Also, some help is needed from 10:30-11:30 to set up the Market.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-surge8.
Registered students may use the Surge Cupboard once a month to obtain items at no cost, by showing their Surge Card.
During Fall Semester 2018, the Surge Cupboard had 194 student visits, and the Farmer's Market gave produce to 204 students.
For more information, contact Surge Cupboard Volunteer Coordinator Lachanna Jackson (email@example.com).
Congrats to doctoral graduates Haensel & Rohr
Two of Cincinnati State's Associate Deans received doctoral degrees from Northern Kentucky University at the Dec. 15, 2018, graduation ceremony.
Angela Haensel, Associate Dean of Humanities & Sciences (on left in photo), and Denise Rohr, Associate Dean of Health & Public Safety, earned the degree Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.
Dr. Rohr's disseration topic was “Factors Influencing Retention of Associate Degree Nursing Students.”
Dr. Haensel's dissertation focused on “English Language Learners – A College Vocational Opportunity.”
Daily News schedule adjustments
Daily News will not be published on Friday, Jan. 18, because of staff schedule limitations, or on Monday, Jan. 21, when the College is closed for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Daily News will be published on these dates during the next two weeks:
- Monday, Jan. 14
- Wednesday, Jan. 16
- Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Friday, Jan. 25
If you have time-sensitive news to share, please send your information to the Daily News Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a timely manner, so we can keep the College community informed.
The standard 3-days-a-week publishing schedule for Daily News will resume on Jan. 28.
- Culinary Students: Clean out your locker
- Learn more about Career Coach at Sep. 19 training
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 19-22)
- Rep. Davidson visited Middletown Campus
- Revised Operations Manual posted
- Fall Common Time schedule announced
- Student Activities calendar for Fall is available
- Watch out for trucks on Clifton Campus Aug. 16 & 19
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Aug. 16)
- Preview CState's 50th Anniversary celebration at "State-of-the-College" lunch on Aug. 30
- Thu. 8/22 - CTL Symposium
- Mon. 8/26 - Fall Semester 2019 begins
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Session
- Tue. 8/27 - Retirement Party for Chief Mike Wylie
- Tue. 8/27 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 8/30 - Employee Luncheon - State of the College Address & 50th Anniversary Preview
- Mon. 9/2 - College closed - Labor Day
- Tue. 9/3 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/3 - College Info Evening Session
- Mon. 9/9 - Common Time: College Updates