Surge Cupboard Food Pantry seeks helpers
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry still is seeking a few more volunteers for Spring Semester. Two options are available:
- Help in the Food Pantry (Main 137, Clifton Campus) during standard open times each week, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-spring.
- Help with the monthly Farmer's Market held on Clifton Campus.
- Spring Farmer's Markets are scheduled for three Thursdays-- Feb. 7, Mar. 7, and Apr. 18, from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (or until all available produce has been given away).
- Also, some help is needed from 10:30-11:30 to set up the Market.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-surge8.
Registered students may use the Surge Cupboard once a month to obtain items at no cost, by showing their Surge Card.
During Fall Semester 2018, the Surge Cupboard had 194 student visits, and the Farmer's Market gave produce to 204 students.
For more information, contact Surge Cupboard Volunteer Coordinator Lachanna Jackson (email@example.com).
Congrats to doctoral graduates Haensel & Rohr
Two of Cincinnati State's Associate Deans received doctoral degrees from Northern Kentucky University at the Dec. 15, 2018, graduation ceremony.
Angela Haensel, Associate Dean of Humanities & Sciences (on left in photo), and Denise Rohr, Associate Dean of Health & Public Safety, earned the degree Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.
Dr. Rohr's disseration topic was “Factors Influencing Retention of Associate Degree Nursing Students.”
Dr. Haensel's dissertation focused on “English Language Learners – A College Vocational Opportunity.”
Daily News schedule adjustments
Daily News will not be published on Friday, Jan. 18, because of staff schedule limitations, or on Monday, Jan. 21, when the College is closed for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Daily News will be published on these dates during the next two weeks:
- Monday, Jan. 14
- Wednesday, Jan. 16
- Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Friday, Jan. 25
If you have time-sensitive news to share, please send your information to the Daily News Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) in a timely manner, so we can keep the College community informed.
The standard 3-days-a-week publishing schedule for Daily News will resume on Jan. 28.
- Students and faculty represented CState at Alzheimer's Walk
- Common Time Oct. 14 is a Faculty Senate Forum
- Hispanic Heritage Week at CState begins Oct. 14
- "Big College Event" for students is Oct. 24
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge has another prize drawing today; BTD & HPS announce fundraisers
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Oct. 9-11)
- TriHealth Mammography Van to visit CState
- Students: learn about P&G job opportunities at info sessions on Oct. 15 & 16
- Career Fair connected students and employers; more events coming soon
- Condolences to Jen Martin
- Mon. 10/14 - Hispanic Heritage Week: Spanish Class Presentations
- Mon. 10/14 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Mon. 10/14 - Common Time: Faculty Senate Forum
- Tue. 10/15 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Coco" Film Screening
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit