Surge Cupboard Food Pantry seeks helpers
The Surge Cupboard Food Pantry still is seeking a few more volunteers for Spring Semester. Two options are available:
- Help in the Food Pantry (Main 137, Clifton Campus) during standard open times each week, Tuesdays from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. or Wednesdays from 1 to 3 p.m.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-spring.
- Help with the monthly Farmer's Market held on Clifton Campus.
- Spring Farmer's Markets are scheduled for three Thursdays-- Feb. 7, Mar. 7, and Apr. 18, from 11:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. (or until all available produce has been given away).
- Also, some help is needed from 10:30-11:30 to set up the Market.
- To sign up, visit https://www.signupgenius.com/go/409084EACA728ABF94-surge8.
Registered students may use the Surge Cupboard once a month to obtain items at no cost, by showing their Surge Card.
During Fall Semester 2018, the Surge Cupboard had 194 student visits, and the Farmer's Market gave produce to 204 students.
For more information, contact Surge Cupboard Volunteer Coordinator Lachanna Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Congrats to doctoral graduates Haensel & Rohr
Two of Cincinnati State's Associate Deans received doctoral degrees from Northern Kentucky University at the Dec. 15, 2018, graduation ceremony.
Angela Haensel, Associate Dean of Humanities & Sciences (on left in photo), and Denise Rohr, Associate Dean of Health & Public Safety, earned the degree Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership.
Dr. Rohr's disseration topic was “Factors Influencing Retention of Associate Degree Nursing Students.”
Dr. Haensel's dissertation focused on “English Language Learners – A College Vocational Opportunity.”
Daily News schedule adjustments
Daily News will not be published on Friday, Jan. 18, because of staff schedule limitations, or on Monday, Jan. 21, when the College is closed for Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Daily News will be published on these dates during the next two weeks:
- Monday, Jan. 14
- Wednesday, Jan. 16
- Wednesday, Jan. 23
- Friday, Jan. 25
If you have time-sensitive news to share, please send your information to the Daily News Editor (email@example.com) in a timely manner, so we can keep the College community informed.
The standard 3-days-a-week publishing schedule for Daily News will resume on Jan. 28.
- Parenting Resource Center & Kids Closet appreciate College support
- Surge Supply Closet has items for students (& seeks donations)
- Students: Take the FAFSA/Scholarship pledge & apply now for 20-21 scholarships
- Joint Community Campaign for United Way & Community Shares ends Nov. 22
- Co-op 50th Anniversary Video is online
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Nov. 18-25)
- Tutoring Center offers help with study skills and computer skills
- Giving Challenge donations surpassed campaign goal by nearly 30%
- Facilities Dept is working to make campus warmer
- DMS students need ultrasound scan volunteers on Nov. 18 & 20
- Wed. 11/20 - Horticulture Club Plant Sale & Gourdulent Pick-up
- Wed. 11/20 - BMI Workshop: Diversity, Inclusion, and Navigating Barriers
- Wed. 11/20 - Health Professions Career & Education Fair
- Wed. 11/20 - SGA Talent Show
- Thu. 11/21 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 11/22 - Free Coffee Friday with Debbie Poweleit
- Fri. 11/22 - College Info Session
- Mon. 11/25 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 11/26 - College Info Session
- Tue. 11/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting