Welcome to Spring Semester... & remember that some offices & labs have moved
If you are assisting students who need to find service offices that have moved from the Main Building to the ATLC, please remember the new locations:
- Welcome Center / Office of Admission - Lower Level of ATLC (former bookstore location)
- Registrar's Office / Financial Aid Office - co-located on First Floor of ATLC, near the Overlook Cafe (former Transfer Center and Point Room location)
- College Bookstore - First Floor of ATLC, across from Overlook Cafe (former gameroom location)
- Cashier's Office / Parking Services Office - Second Floor of ATLC, outside Student Activities Office (ATLC 204)
- Transfer Center - ATLC 221, near Bakery Hill
- Career Center - ATLC 215, near Bakery Hill and across from Transfer Center
Additionally, some courses with lab rooms currently under renovation (Biology, Physics, Material Testing) are assigned to different rooms for Spring Semester.
- The correct room numbers for Spring lab courses are listed on student schedules and can be viewed with the course information in MyServices.
Thanks for helping our new and returning students find their way around Clifton Campus with minimal difficulty!
Transfer Center hosts 4-year school representatives
Representatives from several four-year colleges and universities will visit Cincinnati State's Transfer Center throughout Spring semester, starting with several visits scheduled for this week.
Students who are thinking about transfer to a bachelor's degree program after graduating from CState are encouraged to meet with visiting schools, and get more information about educational options.
No appointment is required; just stop by the Transfer Center-- now located in ATLC Room 221 on Clifton Campus, near Bakery Hill.
To view the schedule for January, click the link below.
Overlook Cafe adjusts service hours for Spring; Bakery Hill offers January drink special
The Overlook Cafe staff has announced operating hours and services for Spring Semester:
- Open Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Hot Line and the Salad Bar are open until 2 p.m. daily.
- The salad bar "half-price happy hour" has been eliminated.
At Bakery Hill, the January special is a 12 oz. Hot Chocolate for $2.50-- so stop by (7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. daily) and enjoy some sweet sipping!
Show your #CState Spirit in 2019, and win prizes
From January through June of 2019, College employees can win prizes by showing your CState Spirit while on and off campus.
On-campus - Spirit Fridays are back!
Once each month, on a randomly-selected Friday, a CState Secret Spirit Spotter will be looking for College employees who are wearing Cincinnati State attire.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first 50 spirit-wearing employees who are spotted on the designated day.
- For this on-campus activity, any version of College spiritwear "counts"-- your attire does not have to show the official College logo.
- Since you won't know which Friday the spotter is secretly spotting spirit, of course you'll want to wear CState attire every Friday.
Off Campus - win prizes in the #CStateSpirit2019 social media campaign
From now through June 30, 2019, share on your social media accounts photos or video of yourself in public, in CState attire, along with the hashtag #CStateSpirit2019.
After the campaign ends on June 30, winners will be selected randomly from all qualified entries that have been posted. Prizes are: $250 VISA card (1st prize), $100 VISA card (2nd prize), and $50 VISA card (3rd prize).
- Each photo or video you post (along with the #CStateSpirit2019 hashtag) will count as a separate entry-- provided that you're not repeating the same image, and provided that you're wearing "official" Cincinnati State gear that includes the College logo.
- Your photo or video will be even better if it shows you talking about the College with someone who doesn't already know how great it is to be part of Cincinnati State.
FAQs for the social media campaign
Q: I don't have any clothing with the official College logo-- do I need to buy something?
A: No. Cincinnati State logo t-shirts were distributed to everyone at the Holiday Lunch in December. If you didn't get your shirt, you can pick one up in the Marketing Department Office, Main 175. (You might want to call ahead to 569-4124, to be sure staff members are in the office to assist you.)
If you're interested in purchasing College logo spiritwear that's suitable for cooler days (like sweaters, jackets, or hats), consider visiting the online Surge Spiritwear Store. For more information, scroll all the way down to the bottom of any Daily News page, and look in the left column.
Q: I'd like to participate, but I don't have any social media accounts-- can I get some help getting started?
A: Yes! Use this QuickGuide to Setting Up Social Media Accounts on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. (Thanks to Paul DeNu, Office of Online Learning, for preparing the guide.)
Q: What's the point of this social media activity?
A: We're glad you asked. The primary purpose of the social media campaign is to "spread the word" about our College throughout the tri-state, with the help of dedicated and enthusiastic College employees.
Any time you're showing off Cincinnati State's name while you're in public, you're helping to build recognition for the College, and opening possibilities for a conversation about what CState has to offer. (We're tired of being a "best kept secret," aren't we?)
Sharing messages through social media also helps build recognition for the College, especially if the hashtag is used frequently.
Q: Does this contest have "fine print"?
A: Yep. Remember that only attire displaying an official College logo will "count" for the social media contest.
All Cincinnati State employees are eligible to participate. The contest winner must be an employee at the time of the drawing.
If you want to read the rest of the "fine print" (contest guidelines), click here.
I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Jan 7-9)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight projects near the Clifton Campus Jan. 7-9.
According to schedule updates released on Jan. 9, no work is scheduled for Jan. 10 and 11.
- Construction on the I-75/I-74 Major Reconstruction Project includes pavement resurfacing, bridge deck patching, and drainage improvements on west I-74 from I-75 to Beekman Street.
- On Jan. 7, various lane closures will occur from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning, on north and south I-75 between Monmouth Street and Mitchell Avenue.
- On Jan. 8, various lane closures will occur from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning, on south I-75 from Mitchell Avenue to Monmouth Street. These were previously scheduled for Wednesday, Jan. 9.
Also, a single lane closure will occur from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning, on east I-74 from Colerain Avenue to the I-74/I-75 interchange.
- On Jan. 9, various lane closures will occur from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning, on north I-75 from Monmouth Street to Mitchell Avenue, and south I-75 from Mitchell Avenue to I-74 from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.
Single lane closure will occur from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the following morning on east I-74 from Montana Avenue to the I-74/I-75 split.
Short-term full closures will occur between midnight and 4 a.m. on I-75. Traffic will be maintained by law enforcement officers.
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the work zone and lane closures.
All work schedules depend on the weather.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- New grant offers students funding for short-term certificates
- Students: Talk to employers in the Career Center throughout summer
- College closed for Memorial Day on May 27
- College Drive (partly) closed on May 24
- Greenhouse Sale has price cut for veggies & herbs
- Co-op orientation sessions start May 21
- Congratulations, Bryan Dell
- CState spirit helped energize "Girls on the Run"
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (May 20-24)
- Free Coffee (Talk) Fridays continue in summer
- Fri. 5/24 - Free Coffee Friday with Virginia Klein
- Fri. 5/24 - Greenhouse Plant & Flower Sale
- Mon. 5/27 - College closed - Memorial Day
- Tue. 5/28 - College Info Session
- Tue. 5/28 - Greenhouse Plant & Flower Sale
- Tue. 5/28 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 5/28 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 5/29 - Greenhouse Plant & Flower Sale
- Thu. 5/30 - Greenhouse Plant & Flower Sale
- Fri. 5/31 - Free Coffee Friday with Ron Jackson