College Closes for Winter Break Dec. 22 to Jan. 1
All Cincinnati State Campuses are closed from end-of-day Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019.
- Faculty or staff members who need access to Clifton Campus during break days for reasons related to job responsibilities must call Campus Police at (513) 569-1558 and request an officer to meet you at the Main Building Dock entrance.
The police officer on duty needs to know who is in the building and their location in case of an emergency.
- Harrison, Middletown, and Evendale (WDC) Campuses are closed for the entire break with no access available.
- College offices reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
- Spring Semester classes begin Monday, Jan. 7, 2019.
(Image above: 1920s postcard from ephemeraobscura.com)
Blackboard upgrade happens Dec. 30 - Jan. 2
Cincinnati State’s Blackboard Learning Management System will undergo a version upgrade from Dec. 30, 2018, to Jan. 2, 2019.
The upgrade begins Sunday, Dec. 30, at 12:30 a.m. and will be completed by the start of business on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Blackboard courses are not available during the upgrade.
Links to important online services (including employee and student email, and MyServices) are available at https://web2.cincinnatistate.edu/outage/links.aspx.
- Work on Spring 2019 Blackboard course sites completed prior to Dec. 30 will be intact after the upgrade.
- Requests for Spring Semester Meta-Courses received after Dec. 20 at noon will be processed starting on Jan. 2.
Click to download a summary of Blackboard changes that will occur with the upgrade. (Document updated Dec. 14, 2018)
Information sessions on What’s New in Blackboard? are available:
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 4, 1 to 2 p.m.
To reserve a place at one of the sessions, send an email message to Jon McKamey (firstname.lastname@example.org). You'll receive a confirmation message with additional details.
Send early January news to DN by Dec. 28
If you have a message that needs to be shared via Daily News when College offices re-open (Jan. 2 to Jan. 4), please send it to the Daily News mailbox (email@example.com) no later than Friday, Dec. 28.
The Daily News staff will monitor our messages during the Winter Break, but we can't guarantee that news you provide to us on Jan. 1 will be published promptly on Jan. 2.
Thank you for your consideration.
- CState adjunct instructor is Kentucky "Elected official of the year"
- Condolences to Elliott Ruther
- Brewing Science shares opportunities with a new poster
- Drive-By Health Fair for students on Sep. 23 & 24
- Kate's Catering at the Overlook is back (with Mac 'n Cheese, too)
- Joint Community Campaign pledge drive begins today
- Board of Trustees Meeting on Sep. 22
- Online Learning Support for Sep. 21-25
- ODS is open for accommodated testing starting Sep. 21
- Environmental students went fishing for water quality knowledge
- Thu. 9/24 - Drive-by Student Health Fair
- Fri. 9/25 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 9/29 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 9/30 - Virtual College Info Session
- Mon. 10/5 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 10/7 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Mon. 11/2 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Wed. 11/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Land Surveying Bachelor's Degree
- Tue. 11/10 - CCP Virtual Orientation
- Tue. 12/8 - CCP Virtual Orientation