College Closes for Winter Break Dec. 22 to Jan. 1
All Cincinnati State Campuses are closed from end-of-day Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019.
- Faculty or staff members who need access to Clifton Campus during break days for reasons related to job responsibilities must call Campus Police at (513) 569-1558 and request an officer to meet you at the Main Building Dock entrance.
The police officer on duty needs to know who is in the building and their location in case of an emergency.
- Harrison, Middletown, and Evendale (WDC) Campuses are closed for the entire break with no access available.
- College offices reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
- Spring Semester classes begin Monday, Jan. 7, 2019.
(Image above: 1920s postcard from ephemeraobscura.com)
Blackboard upgrade happens Dec. 30 - Jan. 2
Cincinnati State’s Blackboard Learning Management System will undergo a version upgrade from Dec. 30, 2018, to Jan. 2, 2019.
The upgrade begins Sunday, Dec. 30, at 12:30 a.m. and will be completed by the start of business on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Blackboard courses are not available during the upgrade.
Links to important online services (including employee and student email, and MyServices) are available at https://web2.cincinnatistate.edu/outage/links.aspx.
- Work on Spring 2019 Blackboard course sites completed prior to Dec. 30 will be intact after the upgrade.
- Requests for Spring Semester Meta-Courses received after Dec. 20 at noon will be processed starting on Jan. 2.
Click to download a summary of Blackboard changes that will occur with the upgrade. (Document updated Dec. 14, 2018)
Information sessions on What’s New in Blackboard? are available:
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 4, 1 to 2 p.m.
To reserve a place at one of the sessions, send an email message to Jon McKamey (firstname.lastname@example.org). You'll receive a confirmation message with additional details.
Send early January news to DN by Dec. 28
If you have a message that needs to be shared via Daily News when College offices re-open (Jan. 2 to Jan. 4), please send it to the Daily News mailbox (email@example.com) no later than Friday, Dec. 28.
The Daily News staff will monitor our messages during the Winter Break, but we can't guarantee that news you provide to us on Jan. 1 will be published promptly on Jan. 2.
Thank you for your consideration.
- Tutoring Center hours announced for Summer 10-week classes
- Webinars offered on student engagement, change management in higher ed
- Milene Donlin receives award for "teacher who made a difference"
- "Ohio Leads" Virtual Summit for educators begins today
- Use a CState background for your virtual classroom or office
- CARES Act emergency funds distributed to 223 students so far
- Online Learning Support for faculty scheduled for June 1-5
- Welcome to (10-week) Summer Semester 2020
- "Apply4StudentRelief" web page is launched
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helps keep Rumpke running
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Tue. 6/2 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 6/2 - College Info Session
- Wed. 6/3 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 6/4 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 6/4 - Virtual College Info Session - Culinary & Food Science Bachelor's Degree
- Thu. 6/4 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 6/5 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Fri. 6/5 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/8 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled