College Closes for Winter Break Dec. 22 to Jan. 1
All Cincinnati State Campuses are closed from end-of-day Friday, Dec. 21, 2018, through Tuesday, Jan. 1, 2019.
- Faculty or staff members who need access to Clifton Campus during break days for reasons related to job responsibilities must call Campus Police at (513) 569-1558 and request an officer to meet you at the Main Building Dock entrance.
The police officer on duty needs to know who is in the building and their location in case of an emergency.
- Harrison, Middletown, and Evendale (WDC) Campuses are closed for the entire break with no access available.
- College offices reopen on Wednesday, Jan. 2, 2019.
- Spring Semester classes begin Monday, Jan. 7, 2019.
(Image above: 1920s postcard from ephemeraobscura.com)
Blackboard upgrade happens Dec. 30 - Jan. 2
Cincinnati State’s Blackboard Learning Management System will undergo a version upgrade from Dec. 30, 2018, to Jan. 2, 2019.
The upgrade begins Sunday, Dec. 30, at 12:30 a.m. and will be completed by the start of business on Wednesday, Jan. 2.
Blackboard courses are not available during the upgrade.
Links to important online services (including employee and student email, and MyServices) are available at https://web2.cincinnatistate.edu/outage/links.aspx.
- Work on Spring 2019 Blackboard course sites completed prior to Dec. 30 will be intact after the upgrade.
- Requests for Spring Semester Meta-Courses received after Dec. 20 at noon will be processed starting on Jan. 2.
Click to download a summary of Blackboard changes that will occur with the upgrade. (Document updated Dec. 14, 2018)
Information sessions on What’s New in Blackboard? are available:
- Thursday, Jan. 3, 10 to 11 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 4, 1 to 2 p.m.
To reserve a place at one of the sessions, send an email message to Jon McKamey (firstname.lastname@example.org). You'll receive a confirmation message with additional details.
Send early January news to DN by Dec. 28
If you have a message that needs to be shared via Daily News when College offices re-open (Jan. 2 to Jan. 4), please send it to the Daily News mailbox (email@example.com) no later than Friday, Dec. 28.
The Daily News staff will monitor our messages during the Winter Break, but we can't guarantee that news you provide to us on Jan. 1 will be published promptly on Jan. 2.
Thank you for your consideration.
- It's Charter Day! (Happy 50th Anniversary, CState!)
- Help tell CState's story in the 50th Anniversary Quilt
- Bakery Hill closing at 11 on Sep. 19
- CState faculty member & students win awards in CNC parts design competition
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Sep. 18-20)
- Sale at the Bookstore - Sep. 18-19
- Charter Day events include picnic, historical displays, visiting dignitaries, & more
- Psychology Club starts Fall activities with Sep. 18 meeting
- Charter Day celebration includes picnic for all
- New scholarship available to CState Brewing students
- - Free Coffee Friday with Patty Edwards
- Mon. 9/23 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/25 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Fri. 9/27 - Free Coffee Friday with Regina Livers
- Mon. 9/30 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 10/4 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Taylor