Employee Holiday Lunch includes retiree recognition, Giving Challenge fun & prizes, & CState Spirit gift
The annual Employee Holiday Lunch takes place Thursday, Dec. 6, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Conference Center.
Sponsorship for the event is provided by the Cincinnati State Foundation.
In addition to food and fellowship, a short program will take place starting at 12:15 p.m.
- The program includes recognition of College founders and retirees in attendance. At least 30 retirees are expected.
- A new social media #CStateSpirit2019 promotion will be launched at the Lunch, to take place throughout the next six months.
To help every employee participate, everyone is receiving a new Cincinnati State t-shirt!
Guidelines for the #CStateSpirit2019 activities will be provided at the Lunch, and in the Dec. 7 edition of Daily News.
- Also, remember to bring lots of coins to the Holiday Lunch, so you can help fill your team's Annual Fund Coin Wars Challenge jug with nickels, dimes, or quarters (or fill other teams' jugs with pennies).
- Another "This is CState" Giving Challenge prize drawing will take place at the Holiday Lunch, too. The prize is a lunch with Dr. Posey, specially prepared by Chef Jason Lafferty (Associate Dean of Business and Executive Chef of the Midwest Culinary Institute).
Four lucky winners will receive this prize-- so if you have not yet turned in your Annual Fund pledge card, be sure you return it to your Team Captain or the Development Office (ATLC 337) soon!
Library creates "Be Great" guide for employees
The “Mini-Library for College Employees," available at http://library.cincinnatistate.edu/begreat, includes resources on health and wellness, work success, academic pursuits, and community college issues.
Within each category, you'll find numerous quick links to additional print, video, and online resources available through the Library.
If you have suggestions for other resources to help you achieve your goals, the Library staff is eager to hear from you! Send your ideas to Kathleen Pickens at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New meeting spaces available in ATLC "Huddle Rooms"
Three new meeting rooms are now available on Clifton Campus for use by employees or students.
All three are near the new Transfer Center on the ATLC second floor:
- ATLC 223A (Huddle Room A) seats 4 people
- ATLC 223B (Huddle Room B) seats 4 people
- ATLC 223C (Huddle Room C) seats up to 10 people
To reserve one of these rooms, use the eform "Space Reservation - all Clifton Campus areas except Conference Center."
No mail service on Dec. 5
All US Postal Service locations are closed on Dec. 5 to honor the National Day of Mourning in remembrance of former President George H. W. Bush.
Mail delivery to and from campus will resume on Thursday, Dec. 6.
Spring Common Time schedule announced
The schedule of Common Time programs planned for Spring Semester 2019 is now available.
Updates to the schedule will be posted (as they occur) on the Intranet.
To see the most recent schedule, go to How the College Works > Academics > Common Time > Common Time Schedule.
- Send your January news promptly, please
- Faculty member spent Fall "semester off" assisting hurricane victims
- IT Help Desk hours for Dec. 17- 21
- Library hours for Dec. 17 through Jan. 4
- Condolences to Terri Reynolds
- I-75 & I-74 construction update (Dec. 17)
- Registration help available for students
- H&S and Special Ops win Giving Challenge team competitions
- Testing Center has reduced hours on Dec. 20
- Financial services executive Barbara Turner is appointed as Cincinnati State Trustee
- - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Wed. 12/19 - Registration Hub Open
- Thu. 12/20 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Thu. 12/20 - Placement Testing - Special Hours
- Thu. 12/20 - Registration Hub Open
- Fri. 12/21 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Fri. 12/21 - Registration Hub Open
- Mon. 12/24 - Winter Break - Dec. 24 to Jan. 1
- Sun. 12/30 - Blackboard upgrade - Dec. 30 to Jan. 2
- Wed. 1/2 - College Offices Open - No Classes