Reminder: Registrar, Financial Aid & Cashier are on the move
On Nov. 2, the offices for Registrar, Financial Aid, and Cashier services will close at noon so employees (and all of their stuff) can move to new offices in the ATLC.
Offices will reopen in the ATLC on Monday, Nov. 5.
- The new Registrar and Financial Aid offices are on the first floor of the ATLC (Room 105), near the Overlook Cafe, in the areas previously used as the Transfer Center, the Point, and the Employee Dining Room.
- The new location for the Cashier's Office is the second floor of the ATLC (Room 204B), next to the Student Activities office.
More moving of offices from Main to ATLC (including Admissions, Parking Services, the Career Center, and the Transfer Center) is scheduled for late November and early December.
Common Time on Nov. 5 is interactive discussion of Shared Governance
At Common Time on Monday, Nov. 5, the members of the Faculty Senate will facilitate an interactive forum on shared governance.
The goal of the session is to gather perceptions and questions about the Senate, the College-wide committees, and other aspects of faculty participation in College-wide decision-making.
The Faculty Senate will use information generated during Common Time to improve shared governance processes and Senate operations.
Common Time takes place from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Conference Center, and is open to all College employees.
The session is available via live-streaming video at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/cincinnatistate_events. And those who are live-streaming will be able to take part in the interactive forum, too!
Transfer Fair for Evening Students on Nov. 6
A Transfer Fair for Adult/Evening Students will take place Tuesday, Nov. 6, from 4 to 6 p.m., in "The Spot" (ATLC First Floor outside Bookstore).
Representatives from at least 18 colleges and universities will be on hand to discuss transfer options with students who are interested in continuing their education after Cincinnati State graduation.
Information about evening programs offered at partner institutions will be available.
Free food will be provided, too.
The Transfer Fair is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Transfer Center, Phi Theta Kappa honor society, and the Cincinnati State Honors Program.
Show your 60's spirit(wear) at Convocation
What happened in 1969?
- July: Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon.
- August: Woodstock Music Festival changed music and culture.
- September: Cincinnati Technical Institute received its charter!
Less a year from now, in September 2019, Cincinnati State will celebrate our 50th anniversary.
The Convocation Committee encourages you to begin the celebration of memorable moments from the 60's at Convocation on Friday, Nov. 9, by showing off your vintage College attire, or just showing off a mellow 60's groove.
- If you have classic Cincinnati State spiritwear from the 60's (Cincinnati Cooperative School of Technology), 70's (Cincinnati Technical Institute), 80's (Cincinnati Technical College), or even your oldest Cincinnati State attire from the 90's or beyond, wear it to Convocation!
- Or if you have other 60's clothing in your closet, wear it to Convocation!
Prizes will be awarded for the oldest piece of Cincinnati State spiritwear and the best-dressed attendee. Judges will check you out as you check-in at Convocation; prizes will be awarded at the final session of the day.
So get ready for a groovy, far out Convocation, as we get together to start celebrating the decade when a College was born.
- Psychology Club examines Ohio medical marijuana policy on Feb. 20
- Clifton Campus Gym is closed for roof repairs
- AAUP Service Project offers "Midterm Survival Kits" for students
- Pres. Posey presented National Community College Award to Sen. Portman
- OTA fundraiser on Feb. 19 at Chipotle
- Colllege closed Feb. 18 for Presidents' Day
- Support is needed for CState Career & Co-op Job Fair on Feb. 28
- After-school reading program seeks volunteers
- Gymnasium closed for roof repairs
- Parking restrictions on Feb. 11 in Lot D
- Mon. 2/18 - College Closed - Presidents' Day
- Tue. 2/19 - College Info Session
- Tue. 2/19 - Career Center Workshop: Career Fair Tips
- Tue. 2/19 - APCC meeting
- Tue. 2/19 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 2/20 - Psychology Club Speaker: Ohio's Medical Marijuana Policy
- Wed. 2/20 - WordPlay Reading Program Training
- Wed. 2/20 - Faculty Senate meeting
- Wed. 2/20 - Women's Empowerment Network Book Club
- Wed. 2/20 - Budget Review Presentation: Workforce Development