CState hosts Regional Forum on Guided Pathways Implementation on Oct. 18
On Thursday, Oct. 18, Cincinnati State will host a regional Faculty Forum sponsored by the Ohio Association of Community Colleges.
The Forum topic is "What Does Guided Pathways Mean for Ohio Faculty in the Classroom?"
The Forum takes place from 1:30-3:30 p.m., in the Conference Center, and is open to all College faculty and staff members.
If you can't attend the entire time, it's fine to come and go as your schedule allows.
There's no cost to attend the Forum, but advance registration is requested, using this link: https://oaccstudentsuccesscenter.regfox.com/fall-2018-faculty-forums.
The Forum facilitator is Dr. Rob Johnstone, Founder and President of the National Center for Inquiry and Improvement.
Dr. Johnstone served as a director, dean, and provost in the California community college system for more than a decade, and has worked with more than 350 colleges nationwide on projects and strategies to improve student learning and increase student completion, with "passion for improving lives and communities through a social justice and equity lens."
Faculty and staff from other community colleges in the region are expected to attend the event at Cincinnati State.
Psychology Club welcomes speakers Oct. 15 on "Hope, Family & Rehabilitation"
The Cincinnati State student Psychology Club is hosting two guest speakers on Monday, Oct. 15, who will share their experiences related to the theme "Hope, Family, and Rehabilitation."
One speaker will describe dealing with substance use and interaction with the criminal justice system; the other speaker will discuss the dual diagnosis experience (substance use and mental health) and the recovery journey.
The presentations take place from 10 to 11:30 a.m., in the ATLC Auditorium (ATLC 211) on Clifton Campus.
Presentations will be followed by discussion with the audience.
The Club event is open to the College community, and welcomes all students who are planning or considering work in a helping profession.
Donuts/pastries will be available, on a first-come first-served basis.
For more information about the Psychology Club, contact club advisor Dr. Heather Hatchett (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can help OTA students attend their professional conference
Occupational Therapy Assistant students from Cincinnati State enjoyed attending educational seminars at the 2017 Annual Conference of the Occupational Therapy Association.
Members of the Student Occupational Therapy Association (SOTA) are conducting fundraising to help support the costs of attending the American Occupational Therapy Association's Annual Conference and Expo, taking place in New Orleans in early April 2019.
The OTA students hope you'll assist their efforts by purchasing Yankee Candles through the fundraising link www.yankeecandlefundraising.com, using their group number: 999983353. (You might need to scroll down to the "shopper" section of the page.)
The fundraising sale continues until early January, but you're welcome to start your shopping anytime.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Chair Claudia Miller said students who attend the national conference are able to meet theorists from the profession, learn about key topics in the field, and talk to prospective employers.
"For many students, attending the Conference inspires them with additional passion to complete their OTA degree at Cincinnati State," Claudia said. "Support from the College community to help students get to the Conference is greatly appreciated."
For more information about SOTA or the fundraising project, contact Claudia (email@example.com).
- PACE survey for College employees begins Oct. 16
- Dr. Posey & other CState reps attended Ohio Women's Leadership Summit
- Common Time on Oct. 15 examines the College's Completion Plan
- AAUP wins #CStateSpirit contest
- You can help OTA students attend their professional conference
- CState hosts Regional Forum on Guided Pathways Implementation on Oct. 18
- Psychology Club welcomes speakers Oct. 15 on "Hope, Family & Rehabilitation"
- Students: Transportation available for The Big College Event
- Paper or plastic (straws)? Overlook has both
- Free produce for students at Oct. 11 Farmer's Market
- Wed. 10/17 - Transfer College Days
- Thu. 10/18 - Transfer College Days
- Thu. 10/18 - Forum: What Does Guided Pathways Mean for Ohio Faculty in the Classroom?
- Fri. 10/19 - Free Coffee Friday with Sarah Gorman
- Tue. 10/23 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/23 - GOAL Workshop
- Tue. 10/23 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 10/24 - The Big College Event
- Fri. 10/26 - Free Coffee Friday with Dan Ramsey
- Tue. 10/30 - College Info Session