Common Time on Oct. 1 offers Executive Team Updates on College activities
During Common Time today, Oct. 1, President Monica Posey, Provost Robbin Hoopes, and VP Lawra Baumann will provide updates on institutional work in progress, including:
- Next steps in the College's Strategic Planning process
- Academic updates
- Current and new capital funds construction/renovation projects
Common Time takes place from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Main Building Conference Center (Clifton Campus) and is open to all College employees.
For those who cannot attend in person, the session is available via live-streaming video at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/cincinnatistate_events.
Health Benefits Info Session today explains High Deductible plan option
The Health Benefits Information Session today, Oct. 1, will discuss the High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) option and Health Savings Accounts (HSA).
The session takes place from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., in ATLC 211 (Auditorium), and is available via live-streaming video at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/cincinnatistate_events.
Recordings of previous Health Benefits general information sessions and all handouts from general information sessions are available on the College intranet.
To view and/or download materials, select Human Resources > Benefits and Compensation > Benefit Communication Tools >2019 Benefits Information.
Open Enrollment for the Health Benefits six-month "mini plan" begins Thursday, Oct. 4, at the Employee Health Benefits Fair, and continues until Oct. 19.
- Changes made during this Open Enrollment period become effective Jan. 1, 2019, and will remain in effect for six months, until June 30, 2019.
- All employees must make a selection during the October Open Enrollment period, using the enrollment website, even if you are waiving insurance benefits. Additional information will be provided by email on Oct. 4.
Another Open Enrollment period will be offered in Spring, prior to the benefits changes that will go into effect July 1, 2019. These choices will remain in effect for a full year, until June 30, 2020.
If you have questions about health benefits, please contact the Human Resources Department by email at HR@cincinnatistate.edu.
Historical Society Brown Bag Lunch covers "History of Horror"
Faculty member Zach Litton will discuss “The History of Horror” at the Cincinnati State Historical Society's Brown Bag Lunch on Wednesday, Oct. 3.
The program takes place from noon to 12:50 p.m., in Conference Center Room 342 on Clifton Campus.
All members of the College community are welcome to bring your lunch, invite your favorite zombie to join you (or not), and enjoy this learning experience.
The Brown Bag Lunch series is sponsored by the Cincinnati State Historical Society and Cincinnati State’s History Department.
Bakery Hill has Pumpkin Spice specials in October
The October special at Bakery Hill is a 12 oz Pumpkin Spice Latte for just $3.50.
While you're enthusiastically sampling seasonal treats, you may want to try a Pumpkin Spice Muffin, too.
Clearly, there's pumpkin spice galore to explore at Bakery Hill-- so visit soon!
- STEM lab renovations begin Dec. 17; parts of Main Bldg will be closed
- Financial services executive Barbara Turner is appointed as Cincinnati State Trustee
- Turn in your timesheet on time!
- Testing Center has reduced hours on Dec. 20
- Reminder: Blackboard not available Dec. 30 to Jan. 2
- Overlook Cafe has shorter hours Dec. 17-19 & closes Dec. 20-21
- Giving Challenge ends with Appreciation Reception; more winners announced
- Environmental Program Mentor Carl Gatton recognized by students and staff
- Program Assessment resources posted from Common Time sessions
- November Board of Trustees Meeting Report
- Mon. 12/17 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Mon. 12/17 - Registration Hub Open
- Tue. 12/18 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Tue. 12/18 - Registration Hub Open
- Tue. 12/18 - College Info Session
- Tue. 12/18 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 12/19 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Wed. 12/19 - Registration Hub Open
- Thu. 12/20 - No classes, College offices open - Dec. 17-21
- Thu. 12/20 - Placement Testing - Special Hours