Common Time today: Dr. Posey's College Update
Dr. Monica Posey will provide a College Update during Common Time on Monday, Sep. 10, from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in the Main Building Conference Center.
Common Time is open to all College employees.
If you can't attend in person, you can view the session on live streaming video at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/cincinnatistate_events.
Dr. Posey's presentation will highlight College achievements of the past year, and discuss priorities for the 2018-19 year.
The schedule for all Fall semester Common Time sessions is posted on the College intranet:
- Go to the "How the College Works" intranet area
- Select the "Academics" link
- Select the "Common Time Schedule" folder
Video recordings of many past Common Time sessions are available on the intranet in the "Common Time Recordings" folder.
Share lunch with colleagues on Sep. 11
The Employee Dining Room is yet to be replaced, but that shouldn't stop you from enjoying the company of your colleagues at lunch time.
The Surge-O-Fun Committee invites all College employees to bring your lunch to the Main Building Conference Center on Tuesday, Sep. 11, between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m.
It's a time to meet and greet new faculty and staff members, and reconnect with familiar faces as well.
Lunch is not provided, so bring your own-- or just stop by to say hello to old and new friends.
If Tuesday lunch isn't convenient for you, the Surge-O-Fun committee will offer other opportunties to convene with colleagues, with a variety of days/times/locations/formats/fun in the plans.
Watch for more information as the semester continues!
Learn to make an ADA-compliant syllabus at "Sylla-Palooza" workshop
Instructors, course keepers, and program chairs: perhaps you're aware that materials you post online should be accessible to students with disabilities-- but do you know how to make your materials accessible?
The Sylla-Palooza workshop provided by the Office of Online Learning will be offered several times during Fall Semester, and is open to all College faculty members.
At the 1-hour workshop, you'll learn:
- how screen readers navigate documents
- basics of formatting documents for accessibility
- plus hands-on time to format your own syllabus to be ADA compliant (bring a digital copy of your syllabus)
Sylla-Palooza workshops take place:
- Sep. 12 - 10-11 a.m.
- Sep. 13 - 10-11 a.m.
- Sep. 25 - 1-2 p.m.
- Sep. 26 - 1-2 p.m.
- Nov. 1 - 11 a.m. – noon
- Dec. 4 - 2-3 p.m.
- Dec. 19 - 10-11 a.m.
- Dec. 20 - 10-11 a.m. and 1-2 p.m.
All workshop sessions are held in Main 347 and are limited to 12 attendees per session.
To register for a workshop or for more information, contact Alice Finkelstein (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Board of Trustees meeting on Jan. 22
- Next Daily News is next week
- KPI Listening Session (& Happy Hour) on Jan. 18
- College closed Jan. 21 for MLK Day
- Parent-Student Night is Jan. 24
- Fitness, part 2: Weight Watchers at Work wants to help you make healthy choices
- Fitness, part 1: These fitness class leaders want you to participate!
- Committee meetings added to Daily News "events" list
- Condolences to the family of Ray Mirizzi
- Faculty: Survey/discussion of College Key Performance Indicators needs your input
- - Free Coffee Friday with Elliott Ruther
- - KPI Listening Session
- Fri. 1/18 - Faculty Happy Hour
- Mon. 1/21 - College Closed - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Tue. 1/22 - College Info Session
- Tue. 1/22 - APCC meeting
- Tue. 1/22 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 1/22 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 1/23 - Faculty Senate meeting
- Thu. 1/24 - Parent-Student Night