Middletown Campus mural honors Perry Thatcher
Special guests attending the dedication ceremony for the mural on Middletown Campus honoring Perry Thatcher included (from left): Dr. Monica Posey, Bob Fairchild (Middletown community leader, friend and former business partner of Perry Thatcher); Kathi Wassenich, Jennifer Thatcher, Sheree Trent (Perry Thatcher's daughters); Sam Ashworth (local volunteer and designer of the mural).
A 30-foot by 7½-foot mural honoring Perry Thatcher, a Middletown resident, business owner, and community leader who died in 2010, was dedicated on Sep. 5.
The mural is the 12th in Middletown and the second downtown mural by graphic designer Sam Ashworth.
“[The mural] symbolizes what Perry was about,” Ashworth told the Middletown Journal-News. “He was always learning.”
The mural features Thatcher's portrait along with four words: inspiration, innovation, education, and leadership.
Thatcher was one of the leading forces advocating for a Cincinnati State branch campus in downtown Middletown. His estate gave a $200,000 endowed gift to Cincinnati State to establish a scholarship fund for students.
In 2010 the College dedicated the Thatcher Family Wing on the Middletown Campus.
Thatcher made his fortune by engineering clamshell Big Mac boxes for McDonald’s, as well as other business ventures.
CState helps planning for Women's Leadership Summit on Oct. 6
Cincinnati State is a partner in offering the 4th Annual Ohio Women’s Leadership Summit, on Saturday, Oct. 6.
The event takes place at Xavier University's Cintas Center, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and is open to all Ohioans.
The event is sponsored by U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown, and is intended to "shine a light on women and girls dedicated to lifting up others in their communities."
The keynote address will be given by U.S. Senator Kamala Harris.
Kelly Harper, who is representing Cincinnati State in the planning for the event, said attendees will have opportunities to attend panel discussions, participate in workshops on making a positive impact in their communities, and more.
For more information, and to register for the event, visit https://www.brown.senate.gov/womens-leadership-summit-2018
Free childcare will be provided for registered attendees.
- CState "Young Chefs" win awards
- New Accuplacer test starts on Nov. 19
- Horticulture grad featured in Washington Post article
- Strategic Planning needs your input
- "FAFSA App Day" on Nov. 15
- Order Bakery Hill Pies & Rolls by Nov. 16
- Sonography students need Ultrasound Scan volunteers
- Volunteers needed to serve Thanksgiving lunch
- Celebrate First-Gen College Student Success on Nov. 8
- CState recognizes our Veteran students
- - Harrison & Middletown Campuses Closed - Power Outage
- Thu. 11/15 - FAFSA App Day
- Fri. 11/16 - Free Coffee Friday with Ed Oenbrink
- Mon. 11/19 - Blood Drive (Black Male Initiative & Honors Club)
- Tue. 11/20 - College Info Session
- Tue. 11/20 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 11/21 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Thu. 11/22 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Fri. 11/23 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break
- Sat. 11/24 - College Closed - Thanksgiving Break