"Smart rooms" on Clifton Campus to get new instructor computers
Starting Tuesday, Aug. 21, new computers will be installed in the instructor podiums in 60 lecture rooms on Clifton Campus.
"Smart rooms" in the Main Building, the Health Professions Building, and the ATLC will be included in the computer refresh project.
The new instructor computer is the Lenovo ThinkCentre M810z Multi-Touch All-in-One Desktop.
Features of this computer include:
- 21.5 inch display with an anti-glare finish and a low-blue light mode to help reduce eye strain
- Multi-Touch technology that allows for zooming, scrolling, selecting, and more
- DVD burner
- Built-in webcam, with a physical switch that covers the lens when not in use
- Microphone and pair of 2W speakers
- Six USB 3.0 ports as well as a combo audio jack and Bluetooth 4.1
- Wired keyboard and mouse
- UltraFlex II stand that provides tilt adjustments, swivel rotations, and height adjustments
As usual, student computer labs on Clifton Campus will be closed during the break (Aug. 21-25) to provide time to refresh the software installed on each computer.
Bookstore open on Saturdays starting Aug. 18
Starting this week, the Bookstore on Clifton Campus will be open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. to accommodate Fall Semester students.
Saturday hours will be in effect on Aug. 18, Aug. 25, and Sep. 1.
Back-to-School hours begin on Aug. 20. The Bookstore will be open:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
#CStateSpirit prizes offered for one more week
The #CStateSpirit campaign wraps up a week from today, on Aug. 20, and the Secret CState Spirit Spotters continue to report that spirit is on display throughout our campuses... including the Workforce Development Center (above).
Recent prize-winners for displaying a CState car decal included Krystal Wright, Uma Gouda, Jennifer Cutter, and Cindy Sefton (see photos below).
Remember that your display of school spirt, especially when seen off-campus, could help Fall enrollment (or other future enrollment) climb even higher.
To win gifts and treats during the remaining days of the #CStateSpirit campaign:
- Put a Cincinnati State static-cling car sticker on your vehicle. Stickers are available in department/division offices, the Admission Office, and the Human Resources Office.
- Wear Cincinnati State attire on Fridays.
Share your Cincinnati State spirit on Facebook (using the hashtag #CStateSpirit) to be entered to win a Bag-Full-of-Cincinnati-State-Swag, including a $50 gift certificate to the Cincinnati State Staff Online Store.* The more you share, the more chances you have to win!
(*The link to the Online Store is at the bottom of your Daily News screen, on the left side of the page. Many new attire choices are available, as seen at the recent Fashion Show.)
If you would like some business-card sized “handouts” to give to people when you talk about the College, stop by the Marketing Office in Main 175, or contact Jackie Norton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Also, let Jackie know your stories about showing your #CStateSpirit off-campus and thus generating interest in our College.
Krystal Wright won a Kroger gift certificate
Uma Gowda (left) and Jennifer Cutter both won prizes because of their Cincinnati State car stickers
Cindy Sefton plans to use her Kroger gift certificate to buy supplies for the Surge Cupboard Food Pantry
BDPA meeting on Aug. 15 features healthcare information tech
Cincinnati State students, faculty, and staff members are invited to attend the BDPA Cincinnati Chapter meeting on Wednesday, Aug. 15, from 6 to 8 p.m.
The meeting topic is a presentation by Richard Afanuh of Kindred Healthcare on "Transforming the Health Care Continuum through Advanced Information Technology."
Mr. Afanuh, a Senior Consulting Architect for Clinical Systems Development in the Hospital Division at Kindred Healthcare, will describe how healthcare providers improve customer service and consumer understanding using IT predictive tools, data sharing services, and new integration techniques and applications.
The meeting location is the offices of Interact for Health in the Rookwood Tower, 3805 Edwards Rd., Suite 500, Cincinnati 45209.
Office hour changes next week? Let DN know
For campus offices/services that will change hours of operation during the days when classes are not in session (Aug. 21 to Aug. 25), please send the revised hours to Daily News (email@example.com) this week.
Thanks for helping us keep our readers well-informed.
I-75 construction update (Aug. 13-17)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight and daytime projects near the Clifton Campus from Monday, Aug. 13, through Friday, Aug. 17:
- Nightly lane closures on I-75 from Hopple Street to Mitchell Avenue from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- Also, nightly lane closures on I-74 from Montana Avenue to the I-75 split from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m.
- Lane closures will start two hours after the end of the Cincinnati Reds game.
- In addition, daily shoulder closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the work zone and lane closures.
All work schedules depend on the weather.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Starfish training for faculty continues Sep. 25 - 27
- Construction affects access to ATLC lobby next week
- Accommodating student disabilities is topic of Sep. 26 workshops
- Health Benefits Info Sessions begin next week; Open Enrollment starts Oct. 4 at Benefits Fair
- Emergency funds for students available through Schell Foundation
- It's Constitution Day
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Walk to End Alzheimer's" team
- Mentors needed for 2018-19 "Be Great" scholars
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Warrior Run" team to support mental health education
- Common Time Sep. 17 looks deeper into program data
- Fri. 9/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Chef Jason Lafferty
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Starfish Training for Faculty
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Workshop - De-escalating Disruptive Behaviors
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Workshop - The ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act: Context and Expectations
- Wed. 9/26 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Wed. 9/26 - Starfish Training for Faculty