CState attire is on the runway at Aug. 7 Fashion Show
The Surge-O-Fun Committee invites all College employees to the 2018 Cincinnati State Spiritwear Fashion Show that will take place Tuesday, Aug. 7, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
- From 11:30 to 12:30, you can examine samples and place orders for the new attire now available to employees from the Online CState Spiritwear Store.
If you can't wait 'till Tuesday, you can view new selections in the online store now. (Enter “statestore” for both the username and the password.)
- From 12:30 to 1:30, you can admire your faculty and staff colleagues who will walk the runway for the Fashion Show.
Masters of Ceremonies Jesse Brown and Tom Hale will keep the show lively, and runway music will be provided by DJ Wayne Herbers.
Bring your camera-- you'll undoubtedly want to preserve memories of this unforgettable event. And if you still need an incentive to attend, door prizes will be awarded!
"Surge Purge" Days start now!
These dumpsters want your Surge Purge trash!
Monday, Aug. 6, is the kick-off for "Surge Purge" Days on Clifton Campus-- a time to get rid of clutter, waste, junk, and other messy stuff that sullies our campus environment.
Aug. 6, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., is "Shred Day" for paper waste.
- A shred truck will be in Lot D near the B-Wing exit from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 6 only.
- Pick-up rolling dumpsters in the hall near the Mail Room. Load the papers you wish to shred, then take the dumpster to the shred truck for disposal.
- Please don't bring paper waste from home... the College is paying a fee for the shredding service.
- If you're uncertain which documents should be retained, refer to Section 11 of the College Operations Manual (on the College intranet).
Aug. 6 and 7 are "E-waste Days"
- E-waste includes computers, electronic devices, monitors, keyboards, light bulbs, batteries, and other electronics.
- Bring e-waste to dumpsters in Lot D anytime on Aug. 6 or 7.
- It's OK to bring e-waste from home and dispose it on campus, since the College gets a small rebate for these materials.
- If you have a large amount of E-waste, contact Facilities at 569-1559 to arrange for assistance.
Aug. 6 through 9 are "Metal/Broken Furniture Waste Days"
- Bring metal and broken furniture items to designated dumpsters in Lot D anytime on Aug. 6 through 9.
- You can bring broken metal items from home to dispose. The College will get a small rebate for these materials.
- If you have a large amount of waste and need assistance, contact Facilities at 569-1559 prior to the waste disposal days. Provide a description of items to be disposed of and the location of the items.
Aug. 6 through 9 are "Chemical Waste Days"
- Bring chemical waste to the Ludlow Garage (caged-in area on first level) anytime on Aug. 6 through 9; however, you must call Police Dispatch at 569-1558 to arrange for a police officer to meet you.
For a reminder of the days and requirements, click to download the Surge Purge Days flyer.
A College van could be yours (if you're the highest bidder)
The Cincinnati State Purchasing Office invites sealed bids for the former mailroom van (photo above), a 1999 Pontiac Montana Van with milage of 154,100 (Serial Number 1GMDX03E4XD311322).
- The vehicle is sold "as is."
- The vehicle currently runs, but needs some engine work.
- The minimum bid is $300.
The vehicle may be started and inspected (no test drives) on Tuesday, Aug. 7, from noon to 2 p.m., in Lot D on Clifton Campus.
Sealed bids must be delivered on or before 2 p.m. on Aug. 14, 2018, to the Purchasing Office on Clifton Campus (Main Building, Room 157).
A sealed bid is a document enclosed in a glued (sealed) envelope. The document should include the name, address, and phone number of the bidder, and the amount offered as the bid.
Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud starting at 2 p.m. on Aug. 14.
- The bidder offering the highest bid must deliver full payment in cash or cashier’s check to the Purchasing Office no later than 5 p.m. on the next business day after the award.
- The bidder will then have 5 business days to secure title transfer and remove the vehicle from Cincinnati State property.
- Failure to meet these timelines and requirements will result in forfeit of the bid and permit the College to award the vehicle to the next highest bidder.
I-75 construction update (Aug. 6-10)
The Ohio Department of Transportation has scheduled overnight and daytime projects near the Clifton Campus from Monday, Aug. 6, through Friday, Aug. 10:
- Monday, Aug. 6 through Wednesday, Aug. 8: Nightly lane closures on I-75 from Hopple Street to Mitchell Avenue and on I-74 from Montana Avenue to the I-75 split from 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. Also on Wednesday, shoulder closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations daily from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 9: Shoulder closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. In addition, lane closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations beginning two hours after the end of the Bengals game until 6 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 10: Shoulder closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. Also, single lane closures on I-75 and I-74 in the same locations beginning two hours after the end of the Reds game until 6 a.m.
Arrow boards and/or signs will be in place to alert motorists of the work zone and lane closures.
All work schedules depend on the weather.
For ongoing traffic, construction, and and weather-related information, please check www.OHGO.com.
- Loaner laptops still available for Summer students; new efforts underway for Fall technology needs
- Spotlight on Service: Co-op student helped Gorman Farm before and during pandemic
- College (virtually) closed for Memorial Day on May 25
- College Credit Plus hosts Virtual Orientation on May 28
- Board of Trustees Meeting on May 26
- No-show rules clarified for remote classes
- ArtsWave campaign ends May 22
- CARES Act emergency funds available to CState students
- Career Center webinars help with "Moving Beyond Undecided"
- CState Environmental students have new bachelor's pathway at NKU
- - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Thu. 5/28 - College Credit Plus Virtual Orientation
- Thu. 5/28 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 5/29 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 6/1 - First day of Summer Semester (10-week classes)
- Mon. 6/1 - All On-Campus Meetings/Events postponed or canceled
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Session
- Mon. 6/1 - College Info Evening Session