Spread CState Spirit this Summer (and win prizes, too)
If you show your school spirt through small gestures-- like wearing Cincinnati State apparel when you're running around town on your "off duty" days, or putting a CState sticker on your car-- you could be helping increase Fall enrollment-- not to mention that you'll be changing someone's future for the better.
Your CState t-shirt, hat, or car sticker could be the catalyst for a conversation-- turning you into an ambassador for the great value, convenience, and quality of a Cincinnati State education.
With those ideas in mind, the Admission Office invites all members of the CState community to have fun this summer-- and win prizes-- while helping to promote Cincinnati State.
Here's how you can participate:
- Pick up a Cincinnati State static-cling car sticker in your department/division office, or the Admission Office, or the Human Resources Office, and place the sticker on your car. If you have more than one car, take multiple stickers!
All summer long (until Aug. 20), Secret CState Spirit Spotters on all CState campuses will randomly award prize certificates to CState Spirit cars (via a voucher placed under the windshield wiper).
- Put on your Cincinnati State spiritwear on Fridays. The Secret CState Spirit Spotters will award gifts, treats, or premiums to multiple College employees each week.
Share your Cincinnati State spirit on Facebook (using the hashtag #CStateSpirit) to be entered to win a Bag-Full-of-Cincinnati-State-Swag, including a $50 gift certificate to the Cincinnati State Staff Online Store.* The more you share, the more chances you have to win!
(*For more about the store, scroll all the way down to the bottom of Daily News and look for info on the left side of the page.)
If you're not sure what to say when sharing CState Spirit with a prospective new student (or someone who could influence a new student), the Admission Office has some suggestions:
- Cincinnati State is affordable, high-quality education-- less than $159 per credit hour (or less than $318 per credit hour for out-of-state students)
- In-state tuition rates apply to students from 8 counties in Kentucky and 24 counties in Indiana. Check out details at www.cincinnatistate.edu/reciprocity
- Enrolling at Cincinnati State is an easy 3-step process:
2. Request official documents (such as high school or college transcripts or GED test scores)
3. Schedule a Placement Test – Visit www.cincinnatistate.edu/testing to schedule an Accuplacer test appointment, or see if you’re eligible to waive the test
If you need help or want additional information, call the Office of Admission at (513) 861-7700.
Faculty: Look for your Starfish Progress Surveys
Starfish Progress Surveys for Week 9 of full-semester (15-week) courses are available to faculty starting today, July 9.
Your survey responses help in monitoring the academic progress of students in specified classes and student support programs.
Faculty members receive an email message to let you know if you need to complete Progress Surveys for your students.
The online Progress Surveys are available in the Starfish tab of Blackboard, and need to be completed by Wednesday, July 18.
If you have questions about using Starfish, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for contributing to student academic success!
Machines are on the move in ATLC
Renovation projects continue to affect many portions of the ATLC.
This week, six "cyber-cafe" computers (two of which are seen above) currently located adjacent to Bakery Hill, on the 2nd floor of the ATLC, will be removed and reinstalled in approximately the same location on the 3rd floor of the ATLC.
The computers will be removed from the 2nd floor on Wednesday, July 11, and should be available on the 3rd floor shortly thereafter.
If you're looking for other helpful machines that formerly had a place outside the Student Activities Office on the ATLC 2nd floor, you can find alternatives in these locations:
- Vending machines: ATLC 3rd floor, or Main Building 2nd and 3rd floors
- Printer/Copier: ATLC 3rd floor open lab (printers only), or Main Building Library (printer and copier)
- ATM: Main Building 1st floor lobby, behind the Welcome desk
- TTD telecommunications: Main Building 1st floor lobby, next to ATM; Main Building 2nd and 3rd floors near vending machines; Health Professions Building lobby near vending machines
- Surge Card "add money" machine: Temporarily unavailable. However, the staff at Bakery Hill and The Overlook Cafe can assist you if you wish to "load money" onto your Surge Card (and thus get your 5% discount when making purchases at either The Overlook or Bakery Hill).
Condolences to the Kobberdahl family
Clyde Kobberdahl, a retired Cincinnati State faculty member, died on June 29, 2018. Funeral services were held July 7.
Clyde was a member of the Business Division for over two decades, retiring in 1996.
Online condolence messages can be left at www.SpringGrove.org.
Red, White & Blue day was hot & refreshing
Members of the Surge-A-Fun Committee (seen above taking a quick break) distributed "rocket pops" and other cool treats to students and staff members on Clifton Campus during "Red, White & Blue Day" on July 3.
Committee members on duty were (from left) Terri Reynolds, Jackie Norton, Uncle Sam (who looks a lot like Jesse Brown), Brittany Collins, Melanie Disney, and Tom Bauer.
Uncle Sam and his patriotic companion, Jackie Norton, encouraged everyone on campus to enjoy the holiday. (Photographer: Janet Mitchell)
And then Uncle Sam helped folks cool off on a day when the heat index was near 100. (Photographer: Jackie Norton)
- Starfish training for faculty continues Sep. 25 - 27
- Construction affects access to ATLC lobby next week
- Accommodating student disabilities is topic of Sep. 26 workshops
- Health Benefits Info Sessions begin next week; Open Enrollment starts Oct. 4 at Benefits Fair
- Emergency funds for students available through Schell Foundation
- It's Constitution Day
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Walk to End Alzheimer's" team
- Mentors needed for 2018-19 "Be Great" scholars
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Warrior Run" team to support mental health education
- Common Time Sep. 17 looks deeper into program data
- Fri. 9/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Chef Jason Lafferty
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Starfish Training for Faculty
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Workshop - De-escalating Disruptive Behaviors
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Workshop - The ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act: Context and Expectations
- Wed. 9/26 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Wed. 9/26 - Starfish Training for Faculty