Reminder: Cooling Tower Replacement Project begins June 9
Site of the Cooling Tower Replacement Project on Clifton Campus, June 9-25 (Click to download a larger image)
Saturday, June 9, is the start date for the project to install a new cooling tower on Clifton Campus.
The new unit replaces the current unit that serves the Main Building and the Health Professions Building. (The cooling tower is outlined with a red square at the bottom center of the illustration above.)
Parking spaces outlined in yellow in the illustration above will be inaccessible from June 9 until June 25.
Other parking spaces in Lot D, behind the Main Building, will be usable during the project-- except on Wednesday, June 13, when all vehicle access to this portion of Lot D will be prohibited.
Signs will be in place to remind you when and where you can drive (and walk) during the project period.
On June 9, work will begin around 6:30 a.m. and will continue until about 4:30 p.m. Instructors of Saturday classes in the Main Building have been informed about possible changes in air temperature, which should be minimal.
On Wednesday, June 13, a 90-ton crane will be on site to facilitate the installation of the new cooling tower.
- Vehicle access to the area behind the Main Building will be blocked starting at 11 p.m. on Tuesday, June 12. Foot traffic will be permitted on June 13 (areas marked with green arrows in the illustration).
- Air temperatures in Main and HPB should NOT be affected by the construction project, including on June 13 (unless you're the sort of person who can tell when it's a few degrees warmer than usual in your office or classroom).
- The crane will arrive on campus about 6:30 a.m. on June 13.
- Those who wish to observe the cooling tower installation will be permitted to get a close-up look from a designated viewing area (outlined in red and yellow on the illustration).
Removal of the old tower and installation of the new one will occur during a 4-hour timespan on June 13, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- A "Cooling Tower Viewing Party," with appropriately-themed refreshments, will take place in the viewing area from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on June 13. During this time period, the new tower will be lifted by the crane and set in place.
Look for additional information about the viewing party in Daily News next week!
Fire Alarm system test on June 10 (noise alert)
If you're planning to be on Clifton Campus on Sunday, June 10, be prepared for a noisy day.
An inspection and test of the fire alarm system will take place from 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday-- so alarms will sound periodically in all three campus buildings.
- Reminder: Surge Purge clean up days begin July 22
- July 19 is Fitness Friday
- Faculty: Look for Starfish Progress Surveys
- Students: Aviation Job Fair on July 17
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (July 15-19)
- Prepare for Surge Purge Days on July 22-26
- CS faculty member has art show at Welcome Project Cincinnati
- Happy Hour FUN-draiser for Surge Cupboard on July 10
- CState hosted Upward Bound Leadership Summit
- Join the July Fitness Friday walk on 7/19
- Mon. 7/22 - Surge Purge Day: E-waste, Metal & Chemical Waste
- Mon. 7/22 - Admit Me Day
- Tue. 7/23 - Surge Purge Day: E-waste, Metal & Chemical Waste
- Tue. 7/23 - College Info Session
- Tue. 7/23 - Surge Purge Day: Paper Shredding
- Tue. 7/23 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 7/23 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 7/24 - Surge Purge Day: E-waste, Metal & Chemical Waste
- Thu. 7/25 - Surge Purge Day: E-waste, Metal & Chemical Waste
- Fri. 7/26 - Surge Purge Day: E-waste, Metal & Chemical Waste