Clifton Campus construction commences with cooling tower configuration
Site of the Cooling Tower Replacement Project on Clifton Campus, June 9-25 (Click to download a larger image)
The first of several summer construction projects on Clifton Campus will begin June 9, with installation of a new cooling tower to replace the current unit (outlined with a red square, at the bottom center of the illustration above).
The Cooling Tower Replacement project will take place from Saturday, June 9, through Monday, June 25, and will include demolition and removal of the old unit, followed by installation and testing of the new unit.
- Some of the parking spaces in Lot D, behind the Main Building (outlined in yellow in the illustration), will be inaccessible during the 17-day project period.
- Access to many of the other parking spaces in the areas behind the Main Building will continue.
- Signs will be in place throughout the project period to remind College employees and students about portions of Lot D that are "off limits" to drivers and/or pedestrians.
Wednesday, June 13, is "Crane Day," when a 90-ton crane will be on site to facilitate the installation of the new cooling tower.
- On that day, additional parking spaces will be inaccessable, and vehicles will not be allowed to drive in the area adjacent to the work site (marked with the red rectangle in the illustration).
- Foot traffic will be permitted (areas marked with green arrows in the illustration).
- Those who are interested in observing the cooling tower installation (which is expected to occur between 7 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.) will be permitted to get a close-up look from a designated "viewing area" (outlined in red and yellow on the illustration).
Vice President of Administration Lawra Baumann said it should not be a problem to maintain comfortable air temperatures in campus buildings while the project in taking place (including on tower installation day, June 13), unless we have a series of unusually warm days, with temperatures near or over 100 degrees.
Plant Sale continues 3 days a week
All of the vegetables have been sold, but plenty of other great plants and flowers are still available at the Horticulture Club Plant Sale at the Clifton Campus Greenhouse.
- Starting this week, you can visit the Greenhouse on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- All annuals are now buy one, get one free, while supplies last.
- The sale continues until all items have been sold... so don't wait too long to do your shopping!
Feel free to park in the small lot in front of the Greenhouse. (Access to the lot is a short driveway located between Ludlow Ave. and the Ludlow Garage entrance.)
All proceeds from the sale support the Horticulture Club and help students attend events such as the National Collegiate Landscape Competition.
For more information, contact Greenhouse Manager Kelly Wanstrath (email@example.com).
Faculty: Look for your Starfish Progress Surveys
Starfish Progress Surveys for full-semester (15-week) courses are available to faculty starting today, June 4, to help monitor and report on the academic progress of students in specified classes and student support programs.
Faculty members receive an email message to let you know if you need to complete Progress Surveys for your students.
The online Progress Surveys are available in the Starfish tab of Blackboard, and need to be completed by Wednesday, June 13.
Thank you for contributing to student academic success!
- PACE survey for College employees begins Oct. 16
- Dr. Posey & other CState reps attended Ohio Women's Leadership Summit
- Common Time on Oct. 15 examines the College's Completion Plan
- AAUP wins #CStateSpirit contest
- You can help OTA students attend their professional conference
- CState hosts Regional Forum on Guided Pathways Implementation on Oct. 18
- Psychology Club welcomes speakers Oct. 15 on "Hope, Family & Rehabilitation"
- Students: Transportation available for The Big College Event
- Paper or plastic (straws)? Overlook has both
- Free produce for students at Oct. 11 Farmer's Market
- Wed. 10/17 - Transfer College Days
- Thu. 10/18 - Transfer College Days
- Thu. 10/18 - Forum: What Does Guided Pathways Mean for Ohio Faculty in the Classroom?
- Fri. 10/19 - Free Coffee Friday with Sarah Gorman
- Tue. 10/23 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/23 - GOAL Workshop
- Tue. 10/23 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 10/24 - The Big College Event
- Fri. 10/26 - Free Coffee Friday with Dan Ramsey
- Tue. 10/30 - College Info Session