Reciprocity with Kentucky now includes bachelor's degrees
Cincinnati State's reciprocity agreement with the state of Kentucky has been extended, effective immediately, to include the bachelor's degree programs in Land Surveying and Culinary and Food Science.
The agreement allows residents of eight counties in northern Kentucky to attend Cincinnati State and pay the in-state tuition rate.
The eligible Kentucky counties are:
Grace Yek, Program Chair for Culinary and Food Science said, "This agreement will make it possible for many students from Kentucky to continue their education at Cincinnati State-- it's wonderful news!"
Provost Robbin Hoopes said he expects the College's reciprocity agreement with Indiana to be expanded to include the bachelor's degrees also.
More information about reciprocity agreements is available on the College website page "Tuition Residency Guidelines."
FYE daytime instructors needed for Fall
The FYE (First Year Experience) Department is seeking qualified instructors who are available to teach in-person courses during the day in Fall Semester.
Requirements for FYE instructors are:
- Minimum of one year of employment at Cincinnati State in some capacity.
- Bachelor's degree (in any field).
- Minimum of one year of successful teaching experience and/or a strong working knowledge of the community college culture and processes.
- Applicants who do not have the required teaching experience will be required to shadow an approved instructor for a semester to be eligible to teach FYE courses.
- Proficiency in using Blackboard. (Must demonstrate proficiency or attend Blackboard workshops.)
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office.
- Evidence of knowledge and use of instructional technology, both in and out of the classroom.
- Experience working with with culturally diverse and underprepared student populations.
To learn more about teaching FYE courses, contact FYE Department Chair Julie McLaughlin (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note: Only daytime, in-person instructors are needed at this time. Be sure to confirm your daytime availability before contacting Julie
Condolences to Jackie Turner
Reetha Miller, the mother of Jackie Turner (Professor, Diagnostic Medical Sonography), passed on July 13, 2021, after a long illness.
Mrs. Miller was an LPN who graduated in 1965 from the Practical Nursing program at Courter Technical High School-- the institution that previously occupied the Main Building at Cincinnati State.
Visitation will take place on Saturday, July 24, from 10 to 11 a.m., followed by services from 11 a.m. to noon, at the New St. Paul Baptist Church, 1907 Freeman Ave., Cincinnati, OH 45214.
Messages of condolence may be posted at the Donald Jordan Memorial Chapel website.
ATLC Open Computer Lab changes hours for July 22
On Thursday, July 22, the Open Computer Lab in ATLC 316 will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- This is a temporary change from the standard Open Lab hours of 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- All other IT Help Desk services will operate on Thursday using previously posted hours.
- To reach the Help Desk, call (513) 569-1234 or send email to email@example.com
- CState volunteers helped Great Parks with seed harvesting
- It's Medical Ultrasound Awareness Month
- Welcome, BTD Associate Dean Audrey Woods
- Overlook hot lunch specials - Oct. 18-22
- College Drive closed today (and here's why)
- I-75 / I-74 Weekend Construction Update
- Joint Community Campaign wraps up on Oct. 15 with prize drawing
- Reminder: College Drive closed on Oct. 15
- Cybersecurity Awareness Month tips: How to Fight Phishing
- BMI and SGA host Cinti City Council candidate forum on Oct. 14
- Mon. 10/18 - Common Time: Division Meetings
- Tue. 10/19 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/19 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Thu. 10/21 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Thu. 10/21 - Women's Entrepreneurship Week Panel Discussion
- Tue. 10/26 - Provost's Academic Update
- Tue. 10/26 - Board of Trustees Meeting
- Tue. 11/2 - Provost's Academic Update
- Thu. 11/4 - Surge Pantry Farmer's Market
- Tue. 11/9 - Provost's Academic Update