Employee Workshop Sep. 25 & 28 on handling disruptive behaviors
The Cincinnati State Behavioral Intervention Team (BIT) is hosting a workshop on De-escalation of Disruptive Behaviors.
- Clifton Campus Workshop - Tuesday, Sep. 25, 6-7:30 p.m., ATLC 313
- Middletown Campus Workshop - Friday, Sep. 28, 1-2:30 p.m., MTD 307
The workshop is intended to help faculty and staff members learn to deal effectively with problematic encounters that could occcur in classrooms and/or campus offices, and learn College procedures for reporting problems.
Both sessions are led by BIT members Dr. Heather Hatchett and Marianne Niese, and are open to all College employees.
Food will be provided at both sessions.
If you're planning to attend, please notify Andrea Milani at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Common Time presentation about College Data Dashboards is posted
If you missed the Common Time presentation by Cody Loew, Director of Institutional Research & Effectiveness, on Sep. 17, a video recording of the session is available at https://cincinnatistate.adobeconnect.com/p7tebrtgqczx.
The presentation on "Program Review Reports, Data, and Tools" included a demonstration of new data dashboards that are available using Tableau Reader software.
The Tableau dashboards display continuously-updated data about College enrollment, student demographic groups, student success metrics, and academic program metrics.
Viewers can "mine data" in a variety of ways to examine trends, seek information about a specific division or program, and more.
Instructions for viewing the Tableau dashboards-- including how to download needed software-- are available in the "Facts and Figures" section of the College intranet. (Select Institutional Research Reports > Dashboards.)
The video recording from Monday's presentation includes several "bookmarks" that allow you to jump to a specific section of the recording by clicking a link.
After you open the video, you may need to click the arrow icon (as seen in the top line of the image at right) to expand the full list of bookmarks.
The video recordings for most Common Time sessions are posted on the College intranet:
- Go to the "How the College Works" intranet area
- Select the "Academics" link
- Select the "Common Time Recordings" folder
CState Archives display highlights Culinary programs
Cincinnati State Culinary students, ca. 1975
(image from the College Archives)
The Cincinnati State Archives has opened a new exhibit focused on one of the most widely-recognized programs at the College: Culinary Arts.
Culinary classes began at the College in 1970, as part of the Hotel-Motel-Restaurant Management associate's degree program.
The exhibit can be viewed inside the Library on Clifton Campus (turn left after you enter the Library to see the display case), or click to view the online exhibit on the Archives website.
If you have questions about the College Archives, or materials you would like to donate, contact College Archivist Tracey Stivers at 569-1608 or send email to email@example.com.
Next Board of Trustees meeting is Oct. 23
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will not hold a September meeting.
The next Board of Trustees meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018, at 3:45 p.m., in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus.
- Starfish training for faculty continues Sep. 25 - 27
- Construction affects access to ATLC lobby next week
- Accommodating student disabilities is topic of Sep. 26 workshops
- Health Benefits Info Sessions begin next week; Open Enrollment starts Oct. 4 at Benefits Fair
- Emergency funds for students available through Schell Foundation
- It's Constitution Day
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Walk to End Alzheimer's" team
- Mentors needed for 2018-19 "Be Great" scholars
- Community involvement opportunity: Join CS "Warrior Run" team to support mental health education
- Common Time Sep. 17 looks deeper into program data
- Fri. 9/21 - Free Coffee Friday with Chef Jason Lafferty
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Tue. 9/25 - Starfish Training for Faculty
- Tue. 9/25 - Employee Workshop - De-escalating Disruptive Behaviors
- Tue. 9/25 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Health Benefits Info Session
- Wed. 9/26 - Employee Workshop - The ADA and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act: Context and Expectations
- Wed. 9/26 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Wed. 9/26 - Starfish Training for Faculty