Sick leave cash-in deadline is June 16
Full-time College employees who have more than 35 days of accumulated sick leave and/or personal leave-- and have not used all of the leave days allocated for this year-- may "cash-in" (receive a cash payment) for unused days at the end of the fiscal year.
The "cash-in" request may include up to half of the unused annual sick/personal leave days-- provided that the employee's remaining balance of accumulated leave will be 35 days or more.
- AAUP Bargaining Unit 1 faculty may cash-in a maximum of 6.5 days
- AAUP Bargaining Unit 2 faculty may cash-in a maximum of 8 days
- Other eligible employees may cash-in a maximum of 7.5 days
To submit a cash-in request, fill out this form and return it by Wednesday, June 16. Please send the email message with your form to both Kathy Moore and Deb Meadows in the Payroll Department.
Click to download the Sick Leave/Personal Leave Conversion policy, which describes the conversion rate and eligibility requirements.
- A new option this year for SEIU bargaining unit employees is to donate some of the cash-in to the Cincinnati State Foundation for scholarships or other Foundation projects.
- AAUP bargaining unit employees may donate unused days to the AAUP Sick Leave Bank, by filling out the Sick Leave Bank Donor eForm. (Must be logged in to view the form.)
If you have questions about the cash-in process, contact Kathy Moore or Deb Meadows in the Payroll Department.
New student CONNECT days begin June 15
Cincinnati State CONNECT – Welcome Days for new students begin Tuesday, June 15, on Clifton Campus.
The Admissions team is still seeking faculty and staff volunteers to assist with several CONNECT Days that will be held in June, July, and August. (See all dates below)
- All admitted students, regardless of their registration status, will be invited to attend on days associated with their academic division/program.
- CONNECT - Welcome Days are not student orientation, and academic advising will not be offered during the events.
- On CONNECT - Welcome Days, incoming students will have an opportunity to tour the campus and get answers to questions prior to the start of classes on Aug. 30.
- Participants will be separated into smaller groups to maintain social distancing.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- serve as a campus tour guide.
- help new students learn to navigate MyCState, MyServices, and Starfish so they can set up an academic advising appointment.
- serve as a panelist during a Q&A session.
More details will be provided for all volunteers.
You can sign up to help at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/8050D48ACAC2EA5F49-cstate1.
If you have questions, please call Director of Admissions Debbie Poweleit at (513) 478-3065, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONNECT - Welcome Days 2021
- June 15 (9-11 am) - BTD
- June 17 (9-11 am) - HPS
- June 28 (9-11 am) - H&S
- June 29 (1-3 pm) - BTD
- June 30 (1-3 pm) - EIT
- July 12 (1-3 pm) - HPS
- July 13 (1-3 pm) - H&S
- July 15 (5:30-7:30 pm) - ALL Divisions
- July 27 (9-11 am) - EIT
- July 28 (9-11 am) - HPS
- August 2 (1-3 pm) - BTD
- August 3 (1-3 pm) - EIT
- August 4 (1-3 pm) - HPS
- August 5 (5:30-7:30 pm) - ALL Divisions
CState volunteers helped beautify Campbell Lakes park
Two teams of Cincinnati State volunteers-- including students, faculty and staff members, and some children of CS employees-- spent the morning on Saturday, June 5, assisting in clean up at Campbell Lakes Preserve.
One of the teams focused on litter removal and the other team worked on removing invasive plant species (see photos below).
Faculty member Milene Donlin, who coordinated the park clean-up event for the Celebrating Community Committee, said, "It was a beautiful morning and the cicadas were missing in action, so the volunteers had a nice time!"
Milene said no one on the CState team had previously visited Campbell Lakes Preserve, a popular fishing site near Miami Whitewater Forest.
Milene said Campbell Lakes offers great walking paths, many opportunities for bird watching, and "fantastic" natural beauty.
"Campbell Lakes is almost a like a secret in the Great Parks system, so it was a learning moment for all of us," Milene said.
Milene thanked the Great Parks team that assisted the CState volunteers throughout the morning, including Project Manager Alex Hearing and Group Facilitator Lauren McClure.
Look for more announcements from the Celebrating Community Committee about future opportunities for College employees to help the Great Parks and other tri-state organizations.
(Photographer: Great Parks Group Facilitator Lauren McClure)
Remote/Online Learning Support for June 14-18
The Office of Online Learning and the Center for Teaching and Learning are offering several scheduled opportunities this week for faculty, including:
- Intro to Zoom
- Assistance using Blackboard and/or Zoom features and tools
- Help in improving your courses, regardless of format
For more information, visit the "Support/Training" section of the COVID-19 Faculty Resources site in Blackboard. Look for this site near the bottom of your list of Blackboard courses.
Blackboard Open Office Hours/Help with Blackboard Tools is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
- Open Office Hours can be used to get help with any element of Blackboard, but these are not in-depth training sessions.
- Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate- edu.zoom.us/j/81060585299?pwd=QVRaMDJBcWNEcUxMeE4vQnZtTnU3QT09
Meeting ID: 810 6058 5299 | Passcode: 672017
- Monday, June 14 - 1-2 p.m.
- Tuesday, June 15 - 10-11 a.m.
Introduction to Zoom for New Instructors is facilitated by Paul D. DeNu (via Zoom)
- Topics covered include downloading and installing Zoom, scheduling a meeting and setting options, creating a Blackboard menu link for Zoom meetings, recording a meeting, and more.
- Days/times for "Intro to Zoom" are below. Registration is not required.
Paul is also available by appointment to help with individual concerns related to Zoom, Collaborate, audio/video work, Screencast-O-Matic, closed captioning, accessibility, and other Blackboard assistance.
To schedule an appointment, send email to Paul at email@example.com
- Join an "Intro to Zoom" session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/81438614572?pwd=MWkySzBWZmRWN3hLZmpMaUZseHpRZz09
Meeting ID: 814 3861 4572 | Passcode: 5m201r
- Wednesday, June 16 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Thursday, June 17 - 1-2 p.m.
Online Course Delivery: Improving the Student Experience is facilitated by Dr. Jon McKamey (via Zoom)
Join Jon to review your choice of a specific aspect of your Web, Live Web, or Web Hybrid course that could be refined to create an improved student experience. There is no specific topic for the session, and the discussion will flow from participant questions and needs.
Days/times are below. Join a session via Zoom at https://cincinnatistate-edu.zoom.us/j/83285934234?pwd=S3RkME55eFZ2UEhDckJ0SFM4VHJHZz09
Meeting ID: 832 8593 4234 | Passcode 881480
- Monday, June 14 - 11 a.m.-noon
- Tuesday, June 15 -2-3 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 16 - 8-9 a.m.
Faculty members are encouraged to sign up for the self-paced, 6-module online course Teaching Online for Cincinnati State, facilitated by Jon McKamey. Faculty can enroll in the course at any time. See the weekly PDF training schedule for more information.
Julee Johns, Director of the Center for Teaching and Learning, is available by appointment.
Call (513) 569-1724 to leave a message for a return call.
Dr. Valencia Moses is available via Zoom during "Surge Your Success" office hours on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday - look for Outlook calendar invitations from the Center for Teaching & Learning with the Zoom link
- Monday, 4:30-5:30 - Classroom Management topics
- Wednesday, 11 a.m.-noon - Curriculum & Activity Development Support
- Friday, 8-9 a.m. - Educational & Career Coaching
Dr. Annie Shibata will be available via Zoom on Tuesday and Thursday - look for Outlook Calendar invitations from the Center for Teaching & Learning
- Overlook specials for June 14-17
- Condolences to Linda Romero Smith
- Training for Multiple Measures Placement offered on June 16
- Horticulture program says thanks for Greenhouse sale success
- Career Center offers "Moving Beyond Undecided" on June 9 & 16
- Free Online Learning Summit offered June 9 & 10
- Spaces still available at June 10 vaccine clinic
- Purge of excess Zoom recordings was successful
- Welcome to Summer Semester 2021 (10-week classes)
- CTL welcomes new Learning Facilitator Dr. Annie Shibata
- - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 6/15 - Provost's Academic Update
- Wed. 6/16 - Virtual College Info Session
- Wed. 6/16 - Multiple Measures Placement Training
- Wed. 6/16 - "Moving Beyond Undecided" Virtual Info Session
- Thu. 6/17 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 6/18 - Virtual College Info Session
- Fri. 6/18 - Yoga Teacher Training Certificate Open House
- Mon. 6/21 - Virtual College Info Session
- Tue. 6/22 - Provost's Academic Update