Join the 50th Anniversary Co-op Celebration on Oct. 29
All College faculty and staff members are invited to celebrate 50 years of cooperative and experiential education at Cincinnati State on Tuesday, Oct. 29, 2019.
The 50th Anniversary Co-op Celebration takes place in the Conference Center on Clifton Campus from 5 to 7 p.m.
The College Wide Co-op Committee appreciates your support at the celebration.
To RSVP, visit http://evite.me/hDFutC6sf2.
If you or others are interested in becoming an event sponsor, contact Kim Taylor in the Advancement/Development Office at 569-1236 or email@example.com.
Donations to the "Co-op of the Year Scholarship" can be made online at https://www.cincinnatistate.edu/about/cstate-foundation/donate-online or you can choose this scholarship on your Annual Fund pledge card.
Giving Challenge Coin Wars start today; other fundraising activities announced
The Coin Wars Challenge 2019-- a popular part of the Internal Annual Fund Giving Challenge-- is happening College-wide from Monday, Oct. 14, through Friday, Oct. 25.
- Bring your nickels, dimes, and quarters (or paper money, if you wish) to help your division/department fill a jar for the Annual Fund Giving Challenge.
- Bring your pennies to deposit in rival teams' collection jars, and thus lower their totals.
Other fundraising activities announced by division/department teams include:
The Business Technologies Division is raffling off the Dean's Parking Space.
- The winner will have use of this premier space, next to the Main Building dock entrance, for all of Spring Semester.
- Raffle tickets are 1 for $5 or 3 for $10, and can be purchased in the BTD Office, Main 330.
The Health & Public Safety Division is selling coupons redeemable at Mike's Carwash.
- Half of the proceeds from each car wash coupon will be donated to the Annual Fund.
- Mike's Basic Car Wash is $9, and Mike's Ultimate Car Wash (includes Fast Wax, Wheel Bright, Underbody, and Tire Shine) is $20.
- To order your car wash coupons, download this form and return it to the Health & Public Safety Office (HPB 312) or email the completed form to Tamaree Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Special Ops Team is selling Raffle Tickets for $5 each. The raffle drawing will take place Oct. 29. Prizes are:
- 1st Prize - $50
- 2nd Prize - $25
- 3rd Prize - $10
Tickets are available from Team Captains Tony Cowden and Patty Edwards.
Special Ops also is hosting a Yard Sale & Scrumptious Soups for Sale event on Wednesday, Oct. 23, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Conference Center. Let Tony or Patty know if you have items to donate.
Team Captains for the Annual Fund Giving Challenge are:
- Business Technologies - Paula Kirch Smith and Carla Gesell-Streeter
- Center for Innovative Technologies - George Armstrong and Jeff Wright
- Health & Public Safety - Milene Donlin and Tamaree Smith
- Humanities & Sciences - Tom Bauer and Daniel Anderson
- Workforce Development Center - Krystal Wright
- Enrollment & Student Development - Jesse Brown and Kevin Wesselman
- Special Ops - Tony Cowden and Patty Edwards
Learn about Micro-aggressions at Oct. 17 Workshop
The Cincinnati State Psychology Club and the Women's Empowerment Network invite all members of the College community to a workshop on Micro-aggressions: The Big Impact of Little Things.
The workshop, facilitated by Psychology instructor Felicia Swafford. takes place Thursday, Oct. 17, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. in the Conference Center (Room 344) on Clifton Campus.
MIcro-aggressions are verbal, behavioral, or situational messages that unintentionally or intentionally result in another person feeling minimized or insulted, often resulting in a less inclusive workplace or classroom.
Workshop participants will learn:
- how to identify different types of micro-aggressions
- how to recognize ways their own experiences with micro-aggressions have shaped their feelings of self-worth
- how to respond to micro-aggressions in productive and empowering ways
Participants will have opportunities to discuss their own experiences, practice effective responses, and ask questions.
In addition, students who participate will earn a $20 "credit" on their Surge Card.
Fitness Center hours updated for Fall
The Fitness Center on Clifton Campus has announced operating hours for Fall Semester:
- Monday through Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
All students and employees are welcome to visit the Fitness Center, in Room 18 on the lower level of the Main Building, to get help beginning an exercise program or to seek consultation on personal training.
- Students and faculty represented CState at Alzheimer's Walk
- Common Time Oct. 14 is a Faculty Senate Forum
- Hispanic Heritage Week at CState begins Oct. 14
- "Big College Event" for students is Oct. 24
- Annual Fund Giving Challenge has another prize drawing today; BTD & HPS announce fundraisers
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Oct. 9-11)
- TriHealth Mammography Van to visit CState
- Students: learn about P&G job opportunities at info sessions on Oct. 15 & 16
- Career Fair connected students and employers; more events coming soon
- Condolences to Jen Martin
- Mon. 10/14 - Hispanic Heritage Week: Spanish Class Presentations
- Mon. 10/14 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Mon. 10/14 - Common Time: Faculty Senate Forum
- Tue. 10/15 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Coco" Film Screening
- Tue. 10/15 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit
- Wed. 10/16 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - "Passport to the World" International Student Celebration
- Thu. 10/17 - Hispanic Heritage Week: "Day of the Dead" Exhibit