A beautiful day to celebrate CState's 50th anniversary
A large, happy crowd of more than 750 Cincinnati State students and employees enjoyed sunshine, food, music, and games at the Charter Day Picnic on Sep. 19.
The BBQ supply lasted until the end of the event-- although sides ran out a little before the end of the 2-hour picnic.
Students received a gift of CState earbuds, and employees received the new 50th Anniversary lapel pin.
Eli's BBQ, donors of the picnic lunch, expressed thanks to the Midwest Culinary Institute students and staff members who helped provide food service.
A social media post from Eli's (at right) said "Culinary department was so gracious... The students were awesome, the campus is gorgeous."
An exhibit of numerous artifacts from the College's past decades also provided some low-key learning opportunities along with the food and fun.
(Daily News did not receive documentation for the artifacts, so your guess is as good as ours regarding the exhibit items seen in some of the photos below.)
A report on the Charter Day event that took place in the Conference Center, honoring College founders, will be part of Monday's Daily News.
Enjoy all of the remaining days of CState's 50th Anniversary year!
(Photos provided by Amy Wagner, Cincinnati State Web/Digital Manager)
2019-20 Printable Catalog (PDF) is posted
It's now possible to print the College Catalog for 2019-20 in PDF format.
The full PDF file is 378 pages (3 MB), so it may take a moment to download.
To download a copy of the Catalog PDF:
- Click the image to the right, or
- Go to the online catalog website and choose "Print Options" from the menu at the top of the page, or
- Go to the "Catalog and Policy Documents" page of the College website.
Hispanic Chamber Scholarship applications are open
The Hispanic Chamber of Cincinnati USA is offering their Annual Scholarship program for Hispanic college students, with applications due by Friday, Oct. 11, 2019.
Many Cincinnati State students have received this scholarship recognition in the past, and new students who qualify are encouraged to apply.
Cincinnati State CCP (College Credit Plus) students who are seniors in high school are eligible to apply also.
The online scholarship application form and instructions are available at http://www.hispanicchambercincinnati.com/hispanic-scholarships.
- It's Charter Day! (Happy 50th Anniversary, CState!)
- Help tell CState's story in the 50th Anniversary Quilt
- Bakery Hill closing at 11 on Sep. 19
- CState faculty member & students win awards in CNC parts design competition
- I-75 & I-74 Construction Update (Sep. 18-20)
- Sale at the Bookstore - Sep. 18-19
- Charter Day events include picnic, historical displays, visiting dignitaries, & more
- Psychology Club starts Fall activities with Sep. 18 meeting
- Charter Day celebration includes picnic for all
- New scholarship available to CState Brewing students
- - Free Coffee Friday with Patty Edwards
- Mon. 9/23 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Session
- Tue. 9/24 - College Info Evening Session
- Wed. 9/25 - Student Health & Wellness Fair
- Fri. 9/27 - Free Coffee Friday with Regina Livers
- Mon. 9/30 - Counseling Center Workshop for students: Handling Anxiety & Stress
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Session
- Tue. 10/1 - College Info Evening Session
- Fri. 10/4 - Free Coffee Friday with Kim Taylor