A Stack of Thanks
Yesterday Co-Op Coordinator Andrea Feld received a fat brown mailer that barely fit in her mailbox slot. Inside was a 31-high pile of thank-you cards from teenage girls and boys of Pressley Ridge (a longstanding social services organization that provides foster care and other services to children). Agency reps and the Faculty-Unity-Networking (F.U.N.) Committee paired faculty Santas with foster care giftees for the holidays in early December. We shopped, wrapped and stacked two carts full of presents that Pressley Ridge staff delivered to more than 30 kids right before the holiday break.
Andi says she hopes to forward all of the cards to their rightful recipients; however, some givers were anonymous. So just in case anyone doesn’t receive a card, please know their gift, and effort, was appreciated!
WDC to host Open House Feb. 25
The Workforce Development Center will host an Open House at its Evendale campus on Thursday, Feb. 25 from 2:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
The event will feature seminars on topics that include:
- Active Shooter Protection
- Well Armed Person Techniques
- Machining in Motion
In addition, the WDC’s extensive program offerings will be showcased, and interactive tours will be given. And yes, snacks will be provided.
For more information please contact WDC Director Cheryl Brackman at 1462 or email@example.com.
Scholarship application deadline is Monday
Monday might be a federal holiday, and more to the point a day off for the College, but it is also something else: The last day to file a 2016-17 Cincinnati State Scholarship Application.
To complete the application, students must visit the website at www.cincinnatistate.edu under Financial Aid and Scholarships. (Only online scholarship applications will be accepted.)
Students also need to complete the 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov (for need based scholarships only).
All application materials must be submitted by Feb. 15, 2016. No exceptions. So please pass the word along to students today.
Cincinnati State, UC to host engineering competition
The Cincinnati State chapter of the American Society of Civil Engineers, in conjunction with its counterpart at the University of Cincinnati, will again host a major conference this spring for engineering students from approximately 15 colleges and universities in Ohio, Kentucky and western Pennsylvania.
The Ohio Valley Student Conference, held in conjunction with the ASCE, typically draws more than 350 civil engineering students and professionals.
The highlight of the three-day event – which will be held March 31 to April 2 – will, as ever, be a series of competitions that include such categories as concrete canoe, balsa wood bridge, concrete bowling, concrete bat, steel bridge, and surveying.
Not only does the competition allow students to apply their classroom education in the field, it provides an opportunity to connect with practicing civil engineers who will be serving as judges, mentors, and volunteers during the event.
The 2016 OVSC will be held at the Lawrenceburg Event Center, Hidden Valley Lake and Ivy Tech.
- Scholarship application deadline is Monday
- Cincinnati State, UC to host engineering competition
- A Stack of Thanks
- WDC to host Open House Feb. 25
- Carter leads Surge hoops hopes on Saturday
- Soccer player signs with Tiffin University
- Bringing Mardi Gras to campus
- Boxed roses, carnations, plants will be on sale for Valentine’s Day
- Prairie restoration lecture is open to campus community
- ‘First Fridays’ Series Promotes Student Success
- Wed. 2/17 - P&G Successway Co-Op Event
- Wed. 2/17 - Cincinnati State Women's, Men's Basketball Away Games
- Wed. 2/17 - Alumni Association Board Meeting
- Thu. 2/18 - Black History Month: Research Your Genealogy
- Thu. 2/18 - Ohio Justice & Policy Center Free Legal Clinic
- Fri. 2/19 - Cincinnati State Foundation Board Meeting
- Fri. 2/19 - Study Abroad Orientation
- Sat. 2/20 - Study Abroad Orientation
- Sat. 2/20 - Black & Latino Achievers Program
- Sat. 2/20 - Compass Boot Camp