ATLC Construction update: Detour to the Bookstore from Aug. 18-25
Because of construction activities in the ATLC, the path to the Bookstore (ATLC 143) will require a slight detour from Aug. 18 to 25.
- From Aug. 18-25, the first floor double-doors leading into the Overlook Cafe will be inaccessible because of duct work taking place above the doors. (See the "Expanded Construction Area" marked with a red square on the map above.)
- To get to the Bookstore, you'll need to walk past the Fireplace in the Lounge, take a right, and then proceed to the Bookstore. (See green arrows on the map above.)
Faculty and staff members who are assisting students with registration activities should remind students of the detour required to reach the Bookstore. Click here to download a larger map.
- Replacement of flooring on the 2nd floor of the ATLC also will take place Aug. 18 to 25. The area involved is marked in green on the map below, and includes the skywalk between Main and the ATLC, the area in front of the Student Activities office, and other walkways between Student Activities and Bakery Hill.
The work will be completed in sections, so walkways will not be totally blocked at any time.
If you encounter any problems related to campus renovation projects, please report your concerns to Kim Vasko, Interim Director of Buildings, Maintenance & Grounds, at 569-1560.
Office Hour Changes for Break Days
Adjustments to Clifton Campus services starting Aug. 20 include:
FOOD SERVICES -
- Overlook Cafe:
- Open Monday, Aug. 20, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., offering Pizza and Grab-n-Go selections (no hotline, no soup & salad bar)
- Open Tuesday, Aug. 21, through Friday, Aug. 24, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. for Grab-n-Go selections only. Free Coffee Friday on Aug. 24 from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Bakery Hill: Closed from Friday, Aug. 18 until Monday, Aug. 27
- Open Tuesday, Aug. 21 through Friday, Aug. 24, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily
- Closed Saturday, Aug. 25
HELPDESK / IT SERVICES -
- Helpdesk Phone Support: Closed Saturday, Aug. 25. Reopens Monday, Aug. 27 at 7 a.m.
- ATLC Open Lab: Closed starting at 7 p.m. Monday, Aug. 20. Reopens Monday, Aug. 27 at 8 a.m.
BOOKSTORE - Hours beginning on Aug. 20 are:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
CAREER CENTER (Main 180): Available by appointment only Aug. 20-24. Call 513-569-4242 and leave a message, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Expect a follow-up to your message within 24 hours.
If you have information to add to this list, please send it to Daily News (email@example.com)
MyServices & Colleague Outage on Aug. 18 (updated)
(Article updated Aug. 15, 4 p.m.)
MyServices and Colleague will be inaccessible from 4:30 to 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 18, because of system maintenance.
This outage will affect all services that connect to Colleague, including eForms and Surge Time swipe card users.
Please plan for the disruption of services.
Drag racing on Aug. 19 supports CState Automotive Club
Fans of Drag Racing (and fans of CState student organizations) are invited to a Hot Rod Drags, Car Show, and Swap Meet on Sunday, Aug. 19.
The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., at Edgewater Sports Park, 4819 East Miami River Road, Cleves, OH 45002, and the $10 admission fee will be waived for CState alumni as well as current CState students and employees.
Proceeds from the Hot Rod Drags will benefit the Cincinnati State Automotive Club.
- Gates open at 9 a.m. on Sunday
- Hot Rod Drags start at 10 a.m. with time runs, and eliminations start at 1 p.m.
- The Swap Meet continues all day, in the shade.
- The Car Show registration closes at noon for judging, More than 20 awards will be presented at 1 p.m.
For information on how to get free admission, contact Kim Taylor or Aaron Blye:
- Kim Taylor, Alumni Affairs Manager (513-569-1236 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Aaron Blye, Cincinnati State Automotive Club (513-266-1293 or email@example.com)
Board of Trustees meets on Aug. 20
The Cincinnati State Board of Trustees will meet in a special session on Monday, Aug. 20, starting at 8 a.m.. in the Summit Restaurant (ATLC 2nd floor) on Clifton Campus.
The Board meeting is open to the public.
The expected agenda for this meeting is voting on contract agreements with Cincinnati State employee unions.
- MyServices & Colleague Outage on Aug. 18 (updated)
- Board of Trustees meets on Aug. 20
- Drag racing on Aug. 19 supports CState Automotive Club
- ATLC Construction update: Detour to the Bookstore from Aug. 18-25
- Office Hour Changes for Break Days
- "Smart rooms" on Clifton Campus to get new instructor computers
- Bookstore open on Saturdays starting Aug. 18
- BDPA meeting on Aug. 15 features healthcare information tech
- Office hour changes next week? Let DN know
- I-75 construction update (Aug. 13-17)